Chapter 43: Miracles in December

Start from the beginning

"I don't know. I'll just go look for her." Munakata smiled as he wears his coat and scarf and goes outside.

Meanwhile~~~

(A/n: please play the video above if you're now reading this part~ That's the bgm xD thank you~)

The night was very cold but snow was falling softly as if it was feathers falling from the sky. The streets were lighted some christmas lights and it was slightly covered with snow. People are walking while wearing smiles as they are with their friends and family and there are also couples who walk hand in hand.

The big christmas tree was standing in the middle of the big park and its light was able to keep the park seen from the very dark cold night. Its decorations are very beautiful, many ornaments hanging beautifully making the tree glow more beautifully.

Hinagiku came in the center of the park where the christmas tree was standing. She didn't wear any warm clothes as she was only wearing her dress that she wore earlier. Hinagiku looked around and there are less people around since the last time she came there all by herself, her hot breath making fog everytime she exhales. She looks at the Christmas tree and walks toward the tree.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" Hinagiku said. She was talking to the tree since she does this every year during Christmas eve while she was still staying in London when she was young. Don't you underestimate her because you don't know how hard it is for her to accept all the pain that she had gone in to plus, no one talks to her at the time when she was young so understand her.

She saw one Christmas ball that was fallen off from its place. She gets it and puts it back where it belongs.

"Yup, I'm alone again. I let the others enjoy their selves back in the palace." Hinagiku smiled as she was tying the string to a knot for the ball not to fall again. "There~"

Hinagiku walks back a little and takes out a deep breath. She just stands there as she spreads her hands and catches the snowflakes that land on her cold palms. She looks up the sky and sighs.

"Why.... Do I feel like I'm not belonged to them...?" she asks herself and then stares back to the glowing tree.

She looked down with a pained expression on her face. "Am I... Really related to them?" Hinagiku asks herself mentally when suddenly...

"Shima-kun..."

Hinagiku lifts her head with widened eyes as she heard the familiar voice that called her nickname. As she turned around, she sees Munakata standing few feet behind her with some snow on his head.

Munakata was panting slightly as he was having an eye to eye contact with Hinagiku. Hinagiku on the other hand, she asks herself how did Munakata knew that she was here. When Munakata was able to catch his breath, he walks towards Hinagiku and pauses in front of her.

"Ch-chief... What are you doing here?" Hinagiku asks Munakata. She can't believe that Munakata was able to know where she was and yet she only told Rei that she goes in the central park.

Munakata smiles and caresses her cheek with the back of his hand making Hinagiku flinch. "I should be the one asking you that question, Shima-kun." Munakata replied. "What are you doing here?"

Hinagiku sighed and looks away. "I'm just... Enjoying myself here chief.. That's all."

"Enjoying here all alone?" Munakata raised his brow and he noticed that Hinagiku don't have any clothes that will make her warm.

Munakata removes his scarf and he puts it around Hinagiku's neck. "Why didn't you wear your coat?"

"Chief... I..." Hinagiku responds but he cuts her off by grabbing her hand and dragging her to the bench.