Chapter Eleven

After the party, Eva forced Alfred to allow her to help him clean up while the three boys, who Eva became very fond of, disappeared. 

When Bruce finally found Eva, she was asleep on the couch. He knew being in a big party that didn't involve loud music and filled with rich rats wasn't really Eva's go to. She tried her best during the party to support Bruce and to also blend in with the rest.

He noticed that she was very good at doing so.

The boys also became very fond of Eva and kept her company majority of the party, which Eva was very thankful for. 

Before Bruce could cover her with a throw over, Eva fluttered her eyes. "Bruce?" Eva said while her voice was laced with sleep. "Hey." Bruce whispered gently, offering her a smile. "What time is it?" Eva stretched her legs slightly.

"Its 3:30 in the morning." Bruce sat down beside her, putting the deep green throw over over her lap. "What?! I gotta go home." Eva panicked and jumped off the beige couch until Bruce stood up and held her wrist gently.

"Ev, its too dangerous at this time." Bruce said gently before he began again, "You can sleep in one of the guest room." 

"I don't want to intrude Bruce, I can-" 

Then, Bruce held Eva by her shoulders gently, "you're not intruding. I'd love it if you could stay." 

When Eva slept on the most comfortable bed she has ever slept on in her entire life, she was planning how to escape Wayne manor. It wasn't because she didn't want to stay in Bruce's home, it was only because she was meant to sneak off to meet the batman. 

She was living a double life and she wasn't ready to tell Bruce. She didn't think she'll ever tell him. 

When Eva slipped out the room quietly, Bruce's door was closed. She looked down the hallway and the boys' door were closed shut too. The entire house was quiet that Eva could hear her own heart beat in her ears. The house was also dark, but the only light that shined in the house was the moonlight that seeped between curtains and the double hung windows. 

As she made her way downstairs, it was even darker. Her eyes tried to adjust to the dark but she moved quickly, not looking around her surroundings as she went towards the other hallway to lead her to the main door to leave the manor. 

The moment Eva slipped out the door, the cold breeze struck her. 

As Eva waited on a rooftop looking over Gotham, the bright lights that made the stars disappear made Gotham look beautiful from where she was standing on the ledge, she was thinking about the Joker and his little plan. She knew he was a psycho clown that had no rules whatsoever but she couldn't help but be bothered by why he really needed Crane. 

The Joker never needs anyone. He himself is good at chemistry, he obviously made his laughing gas on his own. He was insane but he was also insanely smart. 

So why did he need Crane?

It was unusual and it did not seem like the Joker. What was his plan?

When she heard a landing noise behind her, she knew batman wanted her to know that he arrived. He was very quiet and wouldn't make a noise unless he wanted you to hear it.