Chapter Eight

Eva never really expected Bruce to stick around after what she told him and showed him where she lived.

She was constantly reminded by her mother when she was younger that, riches mingled with riches, riches married into riches and there was no place for an underdog to be in their world.

Sometimes, Eva's mother Fiona, believed that the world of the riches were even more cruel than the poor. She would always remind Eva that the riches were puppets, puppets controlled by materialism.

But Eva saw something else in Bruce, it wasn't the same. She hoped that he wouldn't prove her wrong later.

Both of them sat in a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown in an almost closed off room. "So you're not only rich you're the prince of Gotham, everyone wants a picture then, huh?"

"That's right." Bruce said painfully.

"How do you keep up with that? I mean, isn't it annoying sometimes?" Eva said, shoving a dumpling in her mouth.

"Sometimes? It's annoying all the time." Bruce said before he too, shoved a slice of duck in his mouth.

By his words, Eva finally realized something, "So, all this rich playboy stunts is just an act for them. Am I right?"

By the look on Bruce's face, she instantly knew she was right. He nodded with a slight smile.

After the evening spent with Bruce, the tiger mask was on and Eva needed a couple of devices she needed to collect.

More like devices she needed to steal from the Riddler. She entered his hideout through vents and sticking up to the ceiling, accomplishing her mission without getting caught by his robots. She also managed to hack his cameras before getting in.

As Eva roamed around Gotham trying out her new toys, a limo pulled up and a man pulled Eva in.

"Dude what the fuck-" When she scolded the huge man who she presumed was a bouncer, she noticed who was sat next to him.

Falcone.

"Word around the street- everybody is talking about you- that you're a good little helper, blah, blah, blah." Falcone said before pointing his gun at Eva's face.

"A proposition is what you're gonna get and its something you won't refuse."

Eva didn't know what to do, the business Falcone proposed was too dirty and Eva wanted it stopped. Eva knew she was getting a lot of attention from the police, batman and Gotham's villains and she was good. But she wasn't that good, at least not that good in stopping Falcone. She needed help.

She knew that whenever Jim Gordon needed batman he'd turn on the bat signal and waited for him to come. And thats what she was doing right now.​

There was no sight of Jim when batman arrived, he instantly thought it could be a trick and his guard was up.

"I know you hate bad guys and you've wanted to put me in prison for awhile now." The girl with the tiger mask came out of the shadows, how did he not see that?

"You came to turn yourself in." Batman said with his typical harsh growl. "Uh, no. But I need your help."

It must be a trick.

"I promise its not an ambush." She turned off the bat-signal. "Its about Falcone."

"What about him?" Even though he was growling at her, as if he was going to tear her head off her body, Eva knew she caught his attention.

"I think he's up to something big? Its related to Joker too. He offered me a job in his little plan, he wanted me to assassinate some people to move them out of the way. Jim Gordon was on the list." Instantly Batman's frown grew bigger.

"Its too dirty for me to do, that's not my field." Eva said.

"Aren't you a criminal." Batman tested her.

"Hey! I might be an underdog and a scum of the earth but I never kill anyone, never! Its not my field! I rob and steal when I need to and when it doesn't end up with someone's death I take the job!" Thats what batman needed to hear.

"B-But Falcone thinks I'm in. I couldn't refuse the job or else he'll blow my brains out, I still have things to live for." Eva chuckled nervously.

"I'll look into it." Batman said before stepping on the ledge. "We'll meet again." He said before jumping off.

"Jeez, he didn't even comment on my new suit. I commented on his." Eva said disbelievingly.