Chapter 12- Bringing Up the Past

He's here. I can see him outside my window waiting to come in, but my legs don't seem to function. Slowly he pulls out a long knife from the sheath on his belt. My window is shattered and glass shards are everywhere. Before I can react, duct tape is slapped over my mouth and my hands are tied behind my back.

"I said I would come for you and now, here I am." Zach sneers, dragging the knife tantalizingly slow across my cheek.

Tears start to roll down my face as he sinks the knife into my skin. A strangled scream escapes my throat.

"Lou," someone says shaking me, "Lou!"

I shoot upright and it takes me a moment to remember where I am.

"Hey, are you okay?" Will asks me, his eyes flooded with concern. I'm afraid I'll cry if I talk so all I do is nod.

"C'mere, Lou." He says and I willingly crawl next to him, settling in the crook of his arm.

He kisses the top of my head and I melt into him, immediately feeling better. I feel his breath on my ear and he softly kisses my neck leaving that spot on fire from his touch.

"Are you feeling any better now?" He asks me in a husky voice.

"Definitely." I respond tilting my head to kiss him.

He meets my lips almost immediately and it feels like I'm full of electricity. I run my hands through his hair and he pulls my legs onto his lap. We only stop to come up for air until he talks.

"Wow." He says.

"What?" I ask him breathlessly.

"It's just, kissing you is amazing! I've never felt it with anyone before, but with you, Lou, it make me go crazy." He responds, looking at me with his beautiful eyes.

"Me too. I didn't know if it was just me, but I guess it's both of us." I told him, snuggling back into him. After an hour we say our goodbyes to each other and he heads home. I brush my teeth and then crawl into bed sleeping better than I have in days.

The week seems to zip by, probably because I can't stop thinking about going back to school. I am dreading that, but at least I'll be going with Will.

Monday morning comes too fast and having to wake up at 6:30 doesn't make it any easier. I get up, brush my teeth, shower, and apply a little bit of mascara. As I'm heading out to wait for the bus I see Will's tuck pull into my driveway.

"Does somebody need a lift?" He asks me and I nod my head in response while walking to his truck.

"Are you ready for school?" I question him, closing my door.

"The question is are you ready to spend every day with the guy everybody loves?"

"Yeah, definitely." I reply, giving him a huge eye roll.

When we get to school Will drapes his arm across my shoulders and people keep giving us weird stares. I brush it off and keep walking until I feel someone slap my butt. What the hell is going on?

As I spin around my eyes land on her, Brittany Summers, the schools biggest Queen Bitch who just transferred here this year and feels like she owns the place. She brings up her perfectly manicured hand and sneers at me while waving at Will. Wait, why is she waving at him? I turn to him looking for answers, but he gives me the "I'll tell you later" look. Nodding at this I head to my locker and he goes to his.

There are people crowding all around it so I have to push through them to get there. When I do my eyes land on the word "SLUT" written across it in red lipstick and Brittany who is wearing a devilish grin standing next to it.