Chapter 55

I hopped into the car and I waited patiently as I drummed my hands on the wheel.
I heard the car door open and close and I started the car.
"Ready?" I asked.
"Ready." Leo said as he nodded towards the road.
I might have an injured ankle, but I could still drive. Even though Leo insisted that he could, I said I would.
You see, after that threat from Mason, I told Leo and he said I shouldn't go. I agreed. And we created a plan. We'll leave and for a couple of months without telling anyone, not Summer or Ryan. No one. And Mason would eventually give up and leave us alone. That was our plan.
And now we sat in the car. I was driving and the music was turned up. Leo has his eyes closed, but I knew he wasn't sleeping. He never sleeps in cars.
I shuffled in my seat and I fixed my hands on the wheel.
"Stop being so nervous." He mumbled.
"How can I not be?"
He opened his eyes and looked over at me.
"You're gonna miss Summer aren't you?"
I looked straight at the bridge we were currently crossing and I ignored the ball currently forming in my throat.
"Naomi?"
I gripped onto the wheel hard.
"Naomi."
"What?" I looked over at him.
"The car!" He pointed towards the car currently coming towards us. I screamed and I swerved the car hard, the car broke the rim of the bridge and before we knew it, the car was going to the water below. There was a thud and I hit my head hard onto the wheel. I groaned in pain. My head felt as heavy as a bowling ball. I leaned my head on the side of the window with my eyes shut.
"Naomi! Naomi!" Leo said as he unbuckled his seatbelt. He scrambled to reach me and he cursed under his breath, he rolled down the window quickly.
Water was currently starting to come from the floor of the car.
I opened my eyes and I started hyperventilating once I saw what was happening. The car was halfway into the water.
Leo pressed on my seat belt, but it wouldn't come off. I looked around and I began getting calm.
"Leo..." I mumbled. The water was up to our knees now. Leo was still trying to get my seatbelt off.
"Leo..." I said once again, I grabbed his hands and took them off of my seatbelt. He looked at me and he waited.
I hesitated," Leave. Please. Even if you got the seatbelt off...I can't swim. And I have a injured ankle. I wouldn't make it."
"Naomi...I'll get you out. Just please, let me try. I'll do it. I promise." He said totally ignoring what I said. He reached towards my seat belt again, which was now covered with water. He pressed and pulled on my seatbelt multiple times. For a second he stopped trying and I thought he'd finally given up, but then I heard shuffling. I looked over at him and he was feeling the floor of the car.
"What are you doing?" I mumbled.
"I'm looking for something sharp to cut it off. I'll get you out Naomi. I will." He continued looking at the water covered my stomach.
"Leo! Give up. It's no use." I grabbed his arm. He shook his head.
"I won't. I can't give up. If there's a slightest chance you'll live. I'll take it." He was breathing hard from panicking. I tried squeezing out of my seat belt, but it was too tight after my hips. I groaned and the water was now up to our shoulders. Leo dripped his head under the water and he came up with a knife. He reached for my seat belt and he started cutting through it, the water was up to my chin.
"Leo! Hurry!" I said, trying my hardest to stay above water.
But before he could cut the whole thing off, I took a deep breath before my face was covered underwater.

Authors Note:
Sorry for taking so long! I know some of you really really wanted this update so here you go😅 sorry for not posting, I was super busy with school but I'm going to try to write more. Maybe other stories??