Chapter 16

Naomi's P.O.V
I laid on the couch. It's been a month since I woke up from the hospital. And the strange thing is that I don't remember what happened after I went to the bar... Mason still hasn't woken up, but I go to see him every two days. I miss him so much. Not that Summer isn't good enough to talk too, but I miss his sarcastic jokes and him just...being him.
I sighed as I looked at my hand.
There was still a bandage on it from me breaking the window, which I've been getting a lot of publicity for. I don't want the attention though. I'm known as the girl who saved her friends from a fire, but one of my friends might die. So am I really a savior? I groaned and I rolled over.
What could possibly go wrong now?
Maybe I should just...clear my head.

I am now outside. I needed some air. I sighed deeply as I looked around it was so beautiful. With big trees and sunflowers were scattered around the grass. I took in his scene silently. Then I remembered that quote about the flowers. And how this kid asked him mom why the best people in life die.
And she asked him what flowers he kicked in the fields. And the kid said the most beautiful ones.
And the mom nodded and left.
It took me a second to get that quote but, when I got it I related to it so much. Everyone in my life is basically gone except for Leo and Summer. They're the only ones that stayed.
My parents and now Mason have left.
I picked a flower and I looked at it closely. I sighed as I sat on a bench.
I looked at the flower more closely.
Why does my life have to suck?
Parents gone, best friend, who's next?
Summer? Leo?
They're the only family I have!
I crushed the flower in my hand as I looked towards the right.
"You're really sad aren't you?"
I was a little shocked to see Leo here at this time of day. Isn't he supposed to be working? I didn't answer his question.
"Why do you hide it? Why do you hide your feelings from me?" He asked as he scooted closer to me. I shook my head as I scooted away from him.
"Please go away." I whispered.
"Naomi...I'm here. You're fine. Don't be sad all the time."
I didn't answer, but I looked at the flowers.
"It's your parents and Mason isn't it?" He asked.
I looked at him in shock. How could he know? I mean, Mason part is obvious...but not the parents part.

"I'm sorry you couldn't save him." Leo said slowly.
"Don't say that." I said as I shook my head.
"Say what?"
"Say that as if he's gone already. He might still live. He might still wake up." I said. Then I quickly stopped talking and I looked at the flower in my hand. I dropped it.
Leo wrapped his arms around me.
"I'm sorry..." He repeated.
I felt a sense of relief as he hugged me. I've never really had anyone to hug except for Mason in the past. No parents... Nobody.
This felt like home.
Leo felt like home.
He let go of me and he looked at me in the face.
"I'm here for you. Know that." He smiled at me. I smiled back.
He is literally the perfect person.
He cares, he is really cute, and he's so talented in everyway. Why would he like someone like me? It doesn't make any sense.
"I know." I said. Although one thing was on my mind.
Tomorrows my birthday. And I would really like my present to be Mason waking up.
I sighed and I forced a smile.
"I'm fine. Thanks." I said. He seemed to buy it. So he nodded and left. Once he turned around I went back to my frown.
How can I possibly be happy right now?
I ran my hand through my hair.
"How could I possibly be happy..." I looked at Leo who was still walking away and about a block away.
"Hey! Leo!" I said as I stood up. He didn't hear. I started running to catch up to him. He turned around and we both bumped into eachother. We fell forwards and I groaned with pain (even though he cushioned my fall).
He rubbed his head and laughed.
"Why do you always do that to me?" He asked. I ignored his question.
"Teach me how to have fun." I said rather suddenly.
"What?" He asked.
"Teach me how to have fun." I said.
He didn't answer for a few seconds.
"Please!" I exclaimed.
"Okay. Okay. But, I have to go back to work first. Wanna come so you're not alone?" He asked.
"Sure." I sighed in relief. He waited for a few seconds.
"You do know you have to get off me right?" He asked me.
"Oh right!" I said as I stood up.

We arrived at the big intimidating building and a lot of memories flooded back to me. Such as the time where Leo saved me from the train and we just talked and talked about hearts.
I smiled at that memory.
That was the first time we actually talked. And I knew I'd like him from the start, even if I didn't mean to like him.  Leo stopped in front of me and looked me dead in the eye.
"If you get nervous then just grab onto my wrist and I'll take it from there. Okay?" He asked me. I nodded.

Leo lead me into the building and it was breathtaking. People were rushing around and trying to get things done.
This gives me an idea for my book...
Leo put his hand on my side and he guided me towards the people.
I suddenly don't feel good.
Leo guided me towards a women with red hair. She was gorgeous...too gorgeous.
"Naomi this is Kate." Said Leo as he took his hand away from my waist and he put his hands in his pockets.
"Nice to meet you." I said as I sounded like a lost puppy dog, but she didn't seem to mind.
"So, you're Naomi. Leo's told me a lot about you. Isn't that right Leo?" She said as she eyed him carefully. Leo's eyes widened as his cheeks turned pink. Leo eyed Kate carefully.
"I think that's enough talking." He said suddenly as he grabbed my wrist and he started walking the opposite direction of Kate.
"Bye!" I called out to Kate. She waved at me and then continued her job.
I seriously don't feel well in this environment.
Leo let go of my hand and he continued walking.
"She was um...joking." He said as he looked away from me.
"Right." I said.
Although, I didn't believe him.
Leo's never really been this nervous in front of me before.
But, I am quite nervous myself. There's this weird feeling in my stomach...
Leo stopped in front of a man.
"Naomi this is James Cameron. The director himself." Said Leo.
"Nice to meet you." James said as he put his hand out for me to shake.
I couldn't find any words.
So, I grabbed onto Leo's wrist.
"She's a germaphobe." Leo said.
"Then why is she holding onto you?" James asked as he raised an eyebrow.
"Because Leo washes his hands a lot." I couldn't think of anything else.
"Yeah. Right." James said sarcastically as he turned around from us. Leo and I both glanced at each other and then at our hands. We both let go at the same time.
I know we've kissed before...but it's just weird. I can't imagine me kissing him. It's a weird thought.
Leo cleared his throat (what he does when it's awkward) and then he pointed towards the people naming them as if he talked to them a lot. I bet he does. He has great social skills.
"Anyway, that's everyone." He said as he shrugged.
"Leonardo DiCaprio!" Someone called him.
"Oh! Have to go Naomi to get ready. Wait for me here?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows.
"H-here?" I asked.
He laughed.
"None of these people bite." He said into my ear. I nodded hesitantly.
"I'll be back soon. I promise." He said as he disappeared. I sighed.
Well, what am I supposed to do now?
I sighed as I looked around.
"Nervous?" Someone asked behind me. I jumped as I turned around. It was Kate.
"Goodness, you scared me."
Since when do I say goodness? She laughed as she walked towards me.
"How's Leo treating you? I swear if he isn't treating you well then I'll have to beat him up myself." She said.
"Treating me? What do you mean?" I asked.
"You know, is he nice to you? Or is he a complete jerk like with me?" She asked.
"Oh...um...he's nice, I guess."
"You guess?"
"Im sorry. I'm just not really thinking straight, my friend, you se-"
"Your friends in the hospital. I know. Leo told me. I can't imagine how you must feel." She said. I didn't answer, but I looked at my bandaged hand.
"Is that from when you punched the window?" She asked as she reached for it.
"Yes." I said.
"Thank god you did. I don't know what we'd do if Leo had died." She said as he examined the bandages closely.
"I don't know what I'd do either." I said honestly. She didn't speak.
"Leo's saved me so much over these past months. I really don't know if I'd even be alive if it wasn't for him. I mean, most times I got into the life versus death situation because of him. But, he's helped me in more ways then one."
"And you've helped him." She said.
"What?" I asked.
"You've helped him. With saving him in the fire and the car and...well, everything." She said as she still stared at my hand.

"Kate! It's time." Her assistant said. Kate looked at me quickly.
"You are a pretty cool girl Naomi Evans. Tell me if Leo isn't treating you well and I'll punch him. Okay?" She asked me as she left.
"Okay..." I mumbled to myself.