Chapter 43

I woke up to someone snuggling me. I pushed them away from me.
"Summer, get off." I mumbled.
"Not Summer." I heard a guy's voice say.
I opened my eyes and Leo was there. I screamed and almost fell off the bed. Leo caught me just in time and pulled me back onto the bed.
"Where's summer?" I asked as I sat up and rubbed my head.
Leo covered his face with the blanket in a tired gesture.
"Leo." I mumbled while trying to get his attention. He didn't answer. I groaned as I stood up from the bed. I tripped over something and I fell forward onto someone.
"Ow!" I heard summer say.
"Summer?!" I asked as I looked at who I had tripped over. I looked at who I was on top of now.
Ryan.
Leo pulled me up on my feet quickly.
"Where we going today?" He asked.
"Animal kingdom!" Summer exclaimed. Leo looked at me for a seal of approval.
"I guess that okay." I mumbled.
"Great!" Ryan said as he stood up and he ran his hand through his hair.
I sighed as I looked over at Leo. We haven't talked about the kiss yesterday, nor do we want too.
-
I looked at the map with confusion.
"Mount Everest ride is this way." I pointed north.
"No. It's this way." Leo said pointing towards the wrong place. Summer nodded.
"Fine. Let's make this a game. We both go different ways and we see who gets there faster." I said as I smirked.
"You're on." He said as we shook hands.
"Ready? Go!" Leo ran with Summer one way and I ran with Ryan the other. I weaved my way between people while running as fast as I could. I accidentally bumped into the balloon stand and all the balloons undid.
"Sorry!" I called back. Leo, Summer, Ryan and I all appeared at the ride at the same time.
"That was a close call." Leo mumbled towards me.
"Yeah." I mumbled as I felt a little self conscious about myself. Summer got in the middle of us.
"Wait a minute!" Summer said as she pushed both of us away.
"You kissed didn't you?" She eyed us carefully.
"What? No." Leo mumbled although there was a goofy grin on his face.
Summer slapped him on the shoulder
"You can't do that!" She said as she slapped him on the shoulder in between words.
"Ow!" He said as he held his shoulder.
"You guys can't ruin this trip with your drama. Promise me you guys won't kiss until we get back." Summer said mainly looking at me.
"I promise." Leo and I mumbled.
"Good. Anyone wanna go on the ride with me?"
-
I groaned as I finally sat down. We were now at the restaurant in Disney. Not fancy of course, but it can manage. I mean, the people here seem nice. Some kids, elderly couples and only a few adults. Music played in the background as people quietly chatted about their day and what they want to happen next. There was a couple of people dancing in a small dance floor, but nothing crazy.
"It's been forever since I've sat down. I'm so tired." I mumbled as I said the last part mainly to myself.
Leo was sitting in front of me as he sipped his drink. Summer and Ryan were getting the food.
"Summers been pulling me around all day." Leo mumbled as he set his drink down. I sighed as Leo stood up suddenly.
"Let's dance." He mumbled.
"No thanks. I don't dance." I mumbled.
Leo pulled my arm so I stood up.
"Leo!" I looked at him weirdly. He grabbed my hand and put one hand on my hip. The music in the background was uplifting.
Leo danced with me as he twirled me around. He held onto my tightly as if he was afraid that if he let go he'd leave forever. I smiled at him as he smiled at me, but I was mainly looking at my feet. I really didn't know how to dance. Leo was basically guiding me by mumbling what to do. I laughed as the song ended as he twirled me one last time. I bumped into Summer and the food fell all over her.
"I'll get you napkins!" Leo ran towards the napkins away from us.
"Summer! I'm so so-"
"Why do you always have to ruin everything Naomi?" She asked as she looked down at her shirt.
"What?" I asked. She looked up as her eyes pierced me.
"Why do you ruin everything? You always do! You ruin your relationships, your friendships, and don't even get me started on your mom and dad!" She continued as she walked towards me. I backed away from her slowly.
"You don't even talk to them. And once one of them tries to get your attention you just back away and call it quits? You're pathetic." She said. I looked at her in defeat. My eyes were swelled with tears. She was right. I am pathetic.
"I'm sorry...I have to go." I mumbled as I walked out of the restaurant.
There's no one to stop me this time.