Chapter 1-Editing

Sometimes It's the smallest decisions that can change your life, forever - Keri Russell.

That's the quote that ran through Ophelia's mind anytime she was faced to make a decision. No one would guess everything she's done and what she's had to do. Ophelia feels there are many ways choices can affect people. There are choices that will only affect themselves, there are choices we make that can affect others and not know it, and there are times they can make a choice knowing it can affect someone else but know its the right path to choose for themselves. Some people don't need to imagine the effects of those choices.

Ophelia doesn't have to imagine the consequences of the choices that were made by someone else.

 Her parents made a choice, long before she was even born. A life choice. One that put their lives at risk. Even after she was born nothing changed. They did their best to hide the truth from her and keep her away from the repercussions by sticking her with tutors or watchers. Sometimes for a couple of hours. Sometimes for days. The truth is she never really knew her parents or much of anyone around her. Ophelia's childhood was more mysterious to her, even as she grew and became more curious, finding ways to lurk around the shadows and hide behind corners.

Homeschooled and with a lot of time to herself, when her parents didn't make her do something, she learned everything she could. Learning was easy for her. She learned faster than anyone had ever seen. Everyone watched as she advanced far faster then her own father had at her age. Everyone, including her parents, felt she was going to do great things. They will know what Ophelia will become because they died when she was ten. They didn't just die, they were murdered. 

Then at ten years old, she walked into a police station refused to say anything but her name was placed into the system and they quickly learned how smart she really was. No one knew where she came from and there were plenty of theories. Ophelia was tested, only to be put in eleventh grade at ten years old. Certain people knew of her name but she refused to be written about or put into papers. She never said why, but she refused her picture to be taken. She continued to graduate high school by the time she was twelve and attended college after that. 

Her life before the foster system is a mystery. She refused to talk about it to anyone. She doesn't even have a real birth certificate. Just the date she was found as her birthday and the city she was found in as her birthplace. Her life is a mystery to everyone and Ophelia was good at keeping her lips sealed about it. No matter how much she was pushed, to tell the truth, her secrets stayed just that. Secrets.

Even with the pressure of her past, she managed to graduate from college at fourteen. At the same time, she also managed to reach her ninth foster home. Ophelia's a smart kid and still caused trouble. She knew when to cause trouble and did it for her own reasons. She didn't care that she was marked as a troubled kid. A trouble maker until she met the right people.

Mr. Andrew Jacobs and Mrs. Liana Jacobs. The best couple she has ever been paired with and she doesn't plan on leaving anytime soon. They have two other foster kids, one adopted kid, and one of their own. Gregory or as he likes to be called GD, is seventeen. Oldest of the house and going to college after twelfth grade. Then Zoe, who at sixteen was adopted by the Jacobs at twelve. Then Ophelia also at sixteen. Next is Tommy he's eleven a bit of a trouble maker and just got into the foster system a few years before. Last but not least Charlie. She's the youngest at three years old, the miracle child that overcame their fertility problems.

Ophelia has found her family and one she doesn't want to leave anytime soon. Surprising herself since she promised to herself no attachment. There was no stopping the love that filled their home and could break any troubled kid. With all of these people around her, she talks to Zoe the most. Zoe is really her first real friend. First sister. Ophelia still had her limits.