We stop in front of her car and she unlocks it.

I climb into the front seat.

She looks at me. "What are you going to do with the car you drove here?"

"I was thinking that Knox would be able to send someone to get it. I don't feel comfortable walking around there after what happened to me."

***

At the Moretti Mansion the gates open as Lauren pulls into the driveway.

She waves at a few men as she passes them.

In front of the house she parks the car.

Knox opens the door for her and he hugs her.

My door is open by Evan.

He looks me over. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, but there's something I'd like to take to you all about." Looking at the house I ask. "Is Charlie and Jasper here?"

Knox looks from Lauren to me. "I'm sorry. They're not. Jasper took Charlie away for a holiday."

That's good that he listened to me, by taking her away. She doesn't need to worry about me.

"I didn't think Jasper was going to listen to me."

Knox places his hand on my shoulder. "So, it was your idea for them to leave?"

"Yeah," I look away from him. "I didn't want my sister around while all this stuff went down."

"That's smart. You care about the health of your sister and the development of her child?"

Looking at him I say. "With everything happening here I don't want to worry for my safety and harm herself and the innocent bean that's developing."

Lauren leads the way to the living room. She takes a seat on the arm rest of a recliner chair.

Knox sits in the recliner and his hand is on her thigh.

I am sitting on Evan's lap.

He won't let me sit anywhere, but on him. "I was worried when Knox told me that you were running late to see Lauren."

He's right. It's not like me to run late. I'm usually the one that arrives early.

Lauren look at me. "What happened today?"

"I was supposed to meet up with Lauren at the bakery. When I got there I couldn't park anywhere. So, I had to park in parking lot two blocks away. While I was walking; someone grabbed me and put a cloth over my mouth. I passed out not long after."

Evan moves my hair and he looks at my face. "I'm going to kill the person responsible for it."

Turning towards Evan I say. "You can't kill him." I stand up. "He's an FBI Agent who's undercover. He was hired to kill me."

"What?" Everyone in the room yells.

I hold my hand up. "There's more." I turn to Evan. "You and Knox know stuff that you didn't want to tell us, but now I know everything. So, I will be the one to fill in the missing pieces that you don't know about."

"We know who's trying to kill you." Knox says.

"It's my college roommate. I know that part since the agent told me. It gets more interesting though. It turns out my brother is an FBI agent too. He was there when I woke up and he wasn't too happy about it. He wanted to keep me in the dark like the rest of you. The FBI agent is going to follow me until the party, trying to learn my schedule."

"Do you know when he's expected to kill you?"

"Yeah," I look away from him. "After the party at your parents place. Everything needs to happen the way we planned when we got engaged."

Evan shakes his head. "I don't want to break up with you. I have you where I want and I'm not going to let you go."

"You don't have a choice, Evan. She's going to be at the party."

"I don't care. It will be you and I against the world."

I wish I could believe him.

***