Chapter 22 - He Was Once My Friend (Bonus)

Start from the beginning

"No, Harry, I didn't. I was just trying to protect you." Peter explained calmly but Harry was having none of that.

"Look at me!" He shouted. Peter took another step forward, he reached his hands out.

"It's going to be ok, we can fix this," Peter said. "I can help you, let me help you." Harry shook his head.

"I asked you for help and this," Harry gestured to himself. "is the result."

"It's going to be alright." Peter was trying to keep Harry calm.

"You don't give people hope!" He pointed to Peter. "You take it away!"

"No, Harry..." Peter warned.

"I'm going to take away yours." Peter's hope? What could he pos-

Oh.

Peter's hope is me.

"Belle run!" Peter shouted. I let go of Gwen's arm and tried to run away. But Harry was faster and he grabbed me before I could even get three feet away. Harry flew all the way above the tower and Peter chased behind us.

"Harry, put her down!" Peter shouted. He ignored Peter and hovered over the top of the tower. "Stop this right now! This isn't you, Harry!" Peter continued to shout. "This is not you! Put her down!" Peter's voice was growing desperate, he was scared. I was scared, but who wouldn't be? With all the courage I had, I managed to look at Harry.

"Harry." I started, my voice a little shaky. He turned to look at me.

"Harry is dead." He declared. I took a deep breath to steady my voice.

"Put me down." My voice came out a lot stronger. He ignored me, of course and Peter continued to shout at him.

"This is between you and me!" Harry and I both looked at Peter. "You want to fight? Fight me! Just let her go!" He pleaded. Harry looked at me and nodded slowly and the fear started to disappear.

"Ok." He whispered and dropped me. I let out a gasp as the wind rushed against me. The fear instantly returning. Two arms wrapped around my body, giving me some sense of reassurance. Peter and I crashed through the top of the tower and I landed on top of him.

"Are you ok?" Peter asked as I tried to catch my breath. I shook my head 'no' multiple times. Peter helped me stand up and pointed off to the side. "Go over there, it's the safest spot." I listened and walked over to the wall and stayed as close to it as I could. I looked up to see if Harry was still there and he was but he wasn't alone. He had Gwen.

"Peter!" I shouted and he followed to where I was looking. Harry wasted no time in dropping Gwen, it was like it had become a game for him. "No!" Peter jumped up and caught her just as he did with me and he landed hard on his back for a second time. A sphere fell next to them and I wasn't a fool, I knew it was a bomb. Peter noticed just as quickly as I did and tried to use his body to shield Gwen from the blast which worked but the bridge we were all on gave out. I began to fall but grabbed the edge and pulled my self back up. Looking over I saw Peter had caught Gwen by her wrist.

"I've got you." He said and used his web to lower her down. "I'm going to put you here." She nodded and then looked up at me. We were both scared and unsure of what would happen but Peter was here which made us both feel safer. Harry flew down and attacked Peter. They went back and forth over the small area, with Peter trying to snag Harry with a web and Harry just trying to grab Peter. Gwen and I were trying to make our way to each other. She jumped from gear to gear as I shuffled over.