Chapter III

“Baby, what’s taking you so long,” James kept knocking on the bathroom door. 

He glanced on the clock hanging on the wall, in a few hours, the year’s going to end. Well, not really end, more like a beginning, James thought. 

“Thinking about your New Year’s resolutions, baby?” Devon asked, while leaning on the door frame.  She was wearing a red off shoulder blouse with long sleeves over tight jeans.  James could not help but smile but when he saw her.

“Different kind of resolutions,” James smiled and pulled her. “You look like an apple.”

Devon could not help but laugh.  “I’m just wearing red.”

“Can I take a bite,” James asked teasingly, while hugging her. Devon blushed and James did not miss that.  He laughed really loud. “Why blush? It’s as if you don’t know what I am talking about.”

Devon knows what James is talking about.  “Stop talking like that,” Devon countered with a slap on the arm.  “They are waiting for us.”

“I think that they could wait for a little more,” James said with twinkle in his eyes.

Devon slapped him again on the arm. “They are waiting for us.”

James leaned forward and started to kiss her hair. She smells like a flower.  “I said that they can wait.”

Devon tried to suppress a giggle.  James buried his face on her hair.  He began to run his fingers on her back, creating a hot blazing path in Devon’s back.  She was no longer laughing, her breathing became deeper and longer. James smiled on Devon’s hair.

“I think you are agreeing with me now to let them wait,” James whispered, dropping small kisses from her hair, down to her forehead, on her cheeks, and landing a long kiss on her lips.

Devon did not answer, James doesn’t need one.  The kiss was deep and passionate.  Devon started to run her fingers to through his hair.  In response, he deepened the kiss further. She opened her mouth and whispered his name. It was a song for James.  As their lips coupled passionately, James’s free hand grazed on Devon’s chest, sending shivers to her spine. 

Pleasure exploded. James cupped her face and distanced himself from her lips for a while.  Devon has this dazed look on her face that James’ found so endearing.  He dipped towards her lips again while gently guiding her towards the bedroom.

****

“Where have you been,” AlingLinda asked.  James and Devon were walking inside the yard, while holding each other’s hands.  “You said you’ll be here by seven, it’s almost ten o’clock.”

Shey was already in the garden, fanning the outdoor grill with the chicken barbeque on top of it.  James scratched his head, smiling sheepishly. 

“We have to do something,” he answered.  Devon blushed profusely.  Good thing she was not near any light, or else they would see how red she has become.