[Chapter 6] "Bonding"

You walked down the sidewalk, glancing lovingly at the streetlights that flickered on in the dim setting. Although it may seem odd you had always liked streetlights. They had some aesthetic quality about them.

Oliver looked over at you while your attention was diverted, admiring how beautiful your (h/c) hair looked in the bright lights. You turned towards him again and caught him staring.

"Uh... What has you so captivated?" You asked a bit creeped out by him.

"Oh, it's nothing! Don't worry about it!" He said quickly, his face tomato red.

"I.. Okay?" You said. Somewhat confused. You looked up at the neon signs lighting up store windows, completely captivated by their beautiful light.

You eventually reached the cafe, as soon as Oliver was about to open the door the lights switched off and an employee walked out.

"Oh.," Oliver said, disappointed.

"Sorry." The worker said, she quickly locked the door and walked away. She seemed tired.

"It's alright! I know somewhere we can go!" You said cheerfully, though this was odd considering your normal pessimistic behavior there was a good reason for it.

"A new ice cream shop opened up a block or two away from here. At least I think so. Either way, I know there's ice cream somewhere around here!" You smiled brightly, you could nearly taste the sweet and icy treat just thinking about it.

"O-Oh.. Alright! We can look for it." Oliver smiled lightly, happy you'd managed to come up with an idea so the night wasn't ruined.

You grabbed his hand and started walking down the sidewalk, inadvertently making him blush as you did.

"S-So.. (L/N)-san... What's your favorite ice cream flavor..?" You could tell it was hard for him to keep his cool while you were holding his hand. (Sorry not sorry-) (jk I hate myself for that)

"(F/IC/F)! Duh! It's the best one! It's clearly superior to all other flavors!" You said passionately, clearly more than happy to defend the honor of the almighty (F/IC/F)! (F/IC/F stands for Favorite Ice Cream Flavor ^^)

"O-Oh. Mine is strawberry. But (F/IC/F) is good too!" He smiled brightly as you looked back at him.

You ended up talking about a few things while walking, though it was just small talk and nothing important.

<> Small Time Skip! <>

After about ten minutes of small talk, you reached the retro looking ice cream parlor. It was painted a gorgeous light pink and accented with a beautiful baby blue and a vibrant, pearly white.

Oliver seemed happy with the innocent retro vibe of the ice cream parlor, he seemed quite enthralled with it actually.

You playfully shoved him.

"Hey! All the good stuff is inside! Let's go!" You said enthusiastically, grabbing his arm and darting inside the almost empty parlor.

"I'm amazed they're open this late.." Oliver mumbled, talking to himself.

"Same here. But let's not waste this opportunity and get some ice cream!" You ran up to the bar and sat on one of the stools, then patted the stool next to you, motioning for Oliver to sit down next to you.

He does so and almost immediately starts looking down at the counter, not even looking at you as you order your ice cream.