[Chapter 5] "Invitation"

You sat at your desk and stared out the window, absentmindedly chewing on the end of your pen. You began to daydream as you stared into the cloudy gray skies, drifting away into your own imagination.

"..(L/N)-san?" The chestnut haired boy sitting next to you asked. You had clearly missed something, you hadn't been paying attention at all.

"Oh.. Yes?" You said, hoping that was the right answer to whatever he had said.

"Really? I didn't think you'd actually say yes since we've just met and all but.. I'll meet you there!" He said, an excited grin plastered on his face as he strode out the door, an air of confidence to his walk.

"Wait a second!" You yelled frantically as you ran after him, hastily grabbing your small binder as you jumped up.

He turned around and slightly tilted his head, the classic sign of confusion you'd seen in anime so many, many times.

"Okay so.. Could you repeat literally everything you said to me?" You said, an embarrassed blush dusting your face.

"I.. I just asked if you wanted to go out to a café with me after school. I don't know you very well but I'd really like to know you better." He mumbled, doing his best to spit out the words rattling around in his head.

"Oh, I guess that would be fine. I don't have anything to do after school so I should be free." You said, an almost forced smile on your face.

"That's great! I'll write down my contact info and give it to you soon, alright? Also since you didn't hear what I said I'm assuming you didn't hear my name either. I'm Mitzuba Oliver!" He said, an adorable smile on his handsome face.

"Nice to meet you, and that sounds good to me I guess." You said, lightly smiling.

"See you then~!" He stated before running off.

<> Time Skip <>

You walked down a short flight of stairs to reach the bottom floor, a whirlwind of random and unnecessary thoughts swirling through your head.

Your thoughts were interrupted by tripping on a first years book bag and slamming face-first into the hard flooring. You let out a scream and used both of your arms to drag your legs off the bottom two stairs and shove yourself onto your knees.

"What the ever-loving f*ck!?" You yelled, still looking down at the floor.

The brunette owner of the book bag quickly helped you to your feet as she'd been looking away when you were falling.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" She squealed in panic, her squeaky, high-pitched, and annoying voice only making the situation worse.

"I.. Just don't be so lazy with your stuff!" You yelled, fully turning your glare over to the short and slightly chubby girl.

"I-I'm so, so, so sorry! This will never happen again, I promise!" She squeaked quickly, she then swiftly grabbed her fallen book bag and sprinted down the hallway.

"Clumsy.." You mumbled to yourself as you put your hand over your now sore nose. You were lucky it wasn't broken or fractured after the fall.

You felt a warm hand on your shoulder and a familiar voice spoke to you in a concerned tone.

"Hey, are you okay? I saw you get up off the floor. Did you trip?" Mitzuba said sweetly, clearly concerned for your wellbeing.

"Yeah.. I'm fine. A first year left her book bag on the stairs while she was talking to her friend and I tripped on it. It's not a big deal, really." You muttered under your breath, a sharp edge to your words.

Mitzuba, however, seemed to dull that edge, reacting only with kindness.

"Oh, that's a shame. How about we go to that cafe and I get you some tea? It always makes me feel better so maybe I'll have the same effect on you!" He said, smiling the same kind smile you had first seen him wearing proudly.

You softened a bit considering Mitzuba's positivity.

"Sure." You said, a more happy tone underlining your words this time.

Mitzuba hooked his arm and yours and walked you out of the school after you changed into your other shoes at your locker.

[712 Words]
Edited on 3/27/18