Lovers

Barry's P.O.V

I woke up with a pounding head ache. For a minute my vision was all blurry, I couldn't remember where I was or how I got there. I blinked my eyes a few times and then my vision returned and my brain wasn't so foggy. Iris! I went to stand up but I was held back by chains. I looked around and saw an empty metal room. When I looked to my left I saw. Iris! Safe! "Hey Barry!" She said warmly. I let out the biggest sigh I ever had. "I'm so glad you're safe!" She smiled at me. Even though we were stuck here, it makes it easier to be stuck here with Iris. I noticed she was wearing pajamas and a fabric hoodie. "Nice outfit!" She laughed at me. "Thank's it was really expensive!" I laughed a little at the fact she went along with it. "Yeah I bet. Hey wait is that my hoodie?" She looked a little embarrassed at the question. "Maybe." She said slyly. "I've been looking for that!" I told her. She laughed "Well when you get us out of here I will give it back to you I promise!" She reassured me. "So where are we?" I asked. "We are in an old ware house, work shop, type of place that the Triple F turned into their hideout." I nodded my head. "Lovely." I looked down at the chain, it looked like your average steal. It shouldn't be to hard for me to phase through it. "I'm going to try to phase through the chain's and get us out of here." I told her. I started trying to vibrate but I couldn't, I didn't have my speed anymore! "I can't do it! I don't have my speed." I looked at her and her face sank. "It's okay, I'm sure you can get us out of here even if you don't have your powers, then I can give you your hoodie back." I laughed a little. "Hey it's my job to find the positives not yours." She smiled.

"My friend the reason you can't phase out is because I specifically designed the chains to absorb your powers. Just like you have power dampening cuffs, I have a power dampening chains." Said a voice coming closer to us. "Who is that?" I whispered to Iris. "That is Caleb, he's like the Cisco of the Triple F." I nodded my head. "BOSS! He's awake!" Caleb yelled. "Good!" We heard a voice say from above. "Now we can get started with the fun part." I watched the man come down the stairs and assumed that he was the leader of the gang. "You're Fredrick, Fredrick Tallahassee right?" He laughed. "No my name is Arthur. Fredrick was just the name I used when I bought stuff from Enzo. Couldn't risk him finding out who I really was." I rolled my eyes. Villains. "Now the original plan was to kill you but I am having second thoughts." I gave him a cold hard stare, doing my best to intimidate him. "What?" The tall muscular one said. "That was our plan this whole time!" The girl added. "Yeah kill the Flash so that we could take over the city." Joined in the one who I knocked out in the forest. "And have everything we ever wanted." Caleb finished. Arthur turned around to face them. "Guys, I'm not saying we don't do all of that, I'm saying we leave him here while we take over his city and let him sit with the fact that he can't do a thing about it." They all looked frustrated. I looked over and saw Iris trying to pick the lock on her chains with a hair clip she had. I shook my head signaling her to wait, she got the message and put it back in her pocket. "Besides guys, what's the fun in crime if there is no one trying to stop you?" They all reluctantly agreed with him. "Now let's go suit up and get ready for our departure." They all went to grab their weapons. The tall one grabbed the monster canon, the girl grabbed the death sword, the kidnapper grabbed the force field gun, and the bald guy grabbed the mystery weapon.

They were about to leave when Arthur stopped. "Oh and one more thing." He reached for the death sword and walked over to me. I braced myself for what was about to happen but nothing came. When I opened my eyes he was standing in front of Iris. He pressed the sword against her chains and I watched them turn into thin air. No! I thought. He yanked her up and held the sword in front of her. "Please don't do this." I pleaded. "You realize when you escape she will be a witness. And I can't afford witnesses. Besides, she shouldn't be sticking her nose in other people's business." I saw that Iris was trying to be brave and hold back her tears. "Please, I'll do anything just don't hurt her!" Now I was trying to fight back the tears. I can't live without Iris. He frowned at me. "Aw fine, since you asked so nicely." I let out a little sigh and me and Iris both relaxed a little. He threw the sword to his sister and she caught it just before it hit the floor. He started walking out the door. Iris stood still for a moment. He had almost disappeared before he whipped around. There was a loud BANG.