Chapter 16

love love love Damon Salvatore

PS I saw Dunkirk the day it came out and omgomgomgomg

It's so good and for those of you who haven't seen it yet, don't worry it has LOTS of Harry moments. He is literally one of the main characters.

-

"You flashed him?" Jackie gasped, intrigued by my story.

I decided to tell her about everything that happened from Friday to Saturday. It was now Wednesday, we were both laid across her bed, exchanging anecdotes from the busy night we experienced just a couple days ago.

"Well, I didn't mean to! And when he mentioned the moaning incident at the bar he said 'we'll see' if I actually sound like that during sex."

"Damn dude! Get it!" She nudged me. "He's obviously into you, just have some fun girl. You've deserved it."

"I just need time."

She raised a brow. "Time? Why the hell would you need time?"

"I may not be 100% over said ex-boyfriend..." I sighed.

"Oh my God, Ave. You've gotta let go of him."

"We dated for a long time," I pointed out.

She shrugged, opening her phone since she got a text.

"Jordan invited me over," She bit her lip. "I think I'm gonna go, is that okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll put on some TV."

"Okay, love you. Bye." She giggled, getting up from the bed and leaving.

"Bye," I called after her.

I got up from her bed and made my way to the living room, plopping down on the couch. I've been meaning to start watching Riverdale, so why not start now. I opened up the Netflix tab and settled in on the couch. I was so comfy, once I got home I changed from the dress I wore to class and into some sweats. 

Harry and I hadn't talked since Saturday, we texted a little bit, but we haven't seen each other face to face since Saturday. But it was okay. I was getting my time to think after all.

I clicked on the first episode of Riverdale and hit play. I know KJ Apa is in this, so I know it can get my mind off anything, including guy troubles. I mean, he's so hot. I was fifteen minutes into the show when I heard my phone buzzing on the table. It was Dylan. 

Oh my god.

It was Dylan. Dylan. My mouth went dry and my heart started beating so fast. Should I pick up the phone or let it go to voicemail? I immediately scrambled for the phone. Taking a deep breath before hitting reply.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Avery? Is that you?"

"Yeah... who's this?" I said, deciding I'd play it cool and act as if I had deleted his number or something.

"It's me, Dylan."

I obviously already knew it was Dylan, but hearing him confirm it made my heart race even faster. 

"Oh," I breathed. "Why did you call?"

"Listen, can we grab a coffee somewhere? I just need some closure and I think it'd be great for the both of us. There's a lot that I have to say to you."

"That sounds good, I've been wanting closure to... When?"

I can't believe I was agreeing to this. I didn't know how to say no to him. Would it be that bad anyway? I have been wanting closure. Hell, I've been craving it.