Chapter 27

I am creaming

oops screaming*

;)

-

I smoothed my hands over my dress, taking one final look in the mirror.

"Are you sure it's a good outfit?" I asked, holding my phone up to my mirror.

"Yes! For the eighth time, yes, Avery!" Jackie practically shouted, on the other line of the FaceTime call.

I nodded, smiling at her through the front-facing camera. "I'm excited for tonight."

"I miss you," She said. "I'm glad you're getting back out there after what Dylan did to you. You aren't letting what happened to you ruin you. It's brave."

"Thank you," I sighed, setting my phone down so that I could adjust my makeup one last time.

I wore a dark, blood red flowy dress that ended at my mid-thigh. My signature cat eyeliner, regular face makeup, and a natural looking lip color. I wore my hair with soft curls that I brushed through to make them look more natural. I had small silver studs on my ears and a silver bracelet to match.

"Alright," I breathed, checking the time. "He'll be here to pick me up any minute."

"Bye, Avery. Kick ass tonight!" Jackie blew a kiss.

"Bye," I smiled, hanging up the call.

I made my way downstairs and almost on cue, I heard the doorbell ring. I sped towards the door and stepped outside, hugging Harry the second I got there.

"Whoa," He laughed, taken aback by my sudden hug.

I pulled away, letting him take in my appearance. I eyed him up and down, slowly. He wore a black button up and some black dress pants and shoes. I loved button-ups. I definitely approved of the simple outfit choice. His hair looked just as great as it always did, I was glad he didn't do anything crazy with it.

"You're so beautiful, Harry," I sighed. I leaned into him and kissed him slowly, pulling away with a wicked smile.

"I could get used to you greeting me like that," He licked his lips, linking my arm with his and leading me to the car. "The date hasn't even started and you're all over me."

I shrugged, leaning into him unintentionally.

"You look beautiful, too," He smiled, as we walked down the long driveway.

I looked across the road, seeing our neighbors sitting on their driveway and playing with some snow. They were two girls who looked about fifteen- both of them staring at Harry.

"I think those girls have a crush on me," Harry whispered. "They stared at me as I parked and I saw them whispering all excited."

I scoffed. "A bit young..."

He shrugged. "If they like me, it's probably just an innocent crush."

"It always starts out that way," I joked.

Harry opened the car door for me, but before I got inside I kissed him roughly, my hands clinging to his neck. I could feel him gasp into the kiss. When I pulled away, his eyes were wide and surprised.

"I don't think they'll have crushes on you anymore," I winked, looking over at the two girls as their mouths dropped open and stared.

"I landed a jealous one," He shook his head almost in disbelief. "You haven't kissed me like that since our last date at my apartment," He remarked.