Chapter 10

hi guys im sorry this is a late update sdhkhj

-

Three days later, it was two AM and I was at Jackie's apartment, still. I had spent the last few days sulking in her apartment. I knew it was late, but I had to get out of here. I spent practically all week moping around her living room and lying on her couch eating cereal. I had officially become a couch potato. 

I've been crying about Dylan all week. The worst part was that he didn't even feel the same about me. He probably wouldn't even tear up at the thought of losing me. I mean he didn't when I left the apartment. 

This couldn't be it for us. I didn't want it to be the end, even if he didn't feel the same way. Even if we had arguments every night, I felt so good with him when we weren't arguing that the fights were worth it. I missed the strong contrast of his black hair and ice blue eyes. He was the perfect version of a person. He made me the perfect version of myself and he took that version of me with him when he wouldn't say he loved me. 

I don't even make sense.

All I know is, I really need somebody to talk to. Jackie is asleep and has an extra early class tomorrow morning. Tomorrow was Tuesday and Jackie liked having classes at six in the morning on Tuesdays for some unknown reason. Tomorrow my classes had been canceled because my professors were at conferences, so I had nothing to worry about. 

I was hesitant to ask Harry for help. I know he works the night shift, but I don't know how late it runs. He might be in bed and I wouldn't want to wake up. He needs to rest, he works so damn much. 

Also, I hadn't told Harry about the break up yet. I don't know how he would react to it. I really miss Dylan and I have a feeling Harry will be happy that we broke up. Which is nice, but right now I just need Dylan and I am not up for hearing "I told you so".

I reached for my phone which rested on the coffee table in front of Jackie's couch I was laid out on. I went to my messages and clicked on Dylan's contact, rolling my eyes at our previous text messages. The last time he text messaged me was last week and he was begging me to skip class because he "wanted me" so badly. That's one thing I won't miss about him, the horny messages, but despite that I missed everything.

I mindlessly started typing out a tear-filled, emotional paragraph - more like monologue - about how I felt about him. I sighed and quickly backspaced the entire thing. 

I closed out of Dylan's contact, now clicking on Harry's.

Me: hi. are you up?

God, I sounded like a highschool-fuckboy-nightmare. I was surprised when I saw Harry typing already. It was refreshing having somebody reply so fast. 

Harry: yeah, why? I'm at the diner

Me: this late?

Harry: yeah they call it graveyard shift. I'm done at 3:30 am

Me: I'm just really upset and I needed somebody to talk to, can I stop by the diner?

Harry: of course 

I got up from my spot on the couch, looking at myself in the mirror. I had my hair in a top knot and I was wearing a navy blue hoodie and gray sweatpants. Who cares at this point, I have nobody to impress anymore. I slipped on my ugg slippers, grabbed my keys, and went out the door.

-

It's safe to say that it was a long car ride. I mean it was fifteen minutes long, but it felt like four hours. I cried the whole way while listening to a sad Spotify playlist on the auxiliary cord.