'Mental note; come back later. Much later.' He thought to himself, before turning to walk down the street, and towards the blue box he had neatly tucked in a alley way.

          It was at this point the Doctor's interest in Brion shifted to 'aliens trying to take over Earth' curiosity.

___________

         THE TICKING OF THE CLOCK became her only friend in the hours that passed her by. Page after page, word after word, letter after letter, Valarie worked on. Deciphering codes and arranging notes of things that started to no longer make sense to her.

She started to falter, eyes beginning to strain and hands becoming sore from the constant writing and organizing. Valarie leaned back in her chair, rubbing her hands into her eyes and finally rewarding herself with a small break. She then stretched her arms upwards, and let a rather loud groan slip past her lips. She rolled her head back, several small pops echoing in her body as her neck popped.

          Valarie let her head fall limp backwards, lose hair draping over the back of the chair as her legs pushed forward in their own stretch. She turned her head, eyeing the clock hanging above the door.

        12:06 AM

            Valarie rolled her head back again, a yawn forcing its way out of her throat. Her attention was quickly snagged when the cellphone on the table began to vibrate, screen illuminated by the picture of a man and a name.

    'MARTY HARTLEY'

         A smile stretched her lips as she leaned forward and scooped the phone up. She answered the call, bringing the phone to her ear.

        "Hello, McFly." Valarie teased into the phone, the edges of her lips curving upwards into a grin. She glanced around the room. Her eyes rested back on the notes she studied before.

     "Isn't it my favorite star girl? How have you been? I haven't really bothered texting or calling anyone much since I left last week." Marty responded, his voice the usual chipper ands happy. Valarie had never seemed to find a dull moment when she was around Marty. Perhaps that was why the last few weeks seemed to be absolutely draining to her.

"I know you haven't. It's just been me, decoding this stuff and organizing for a week!" Valarie fussed, a tinge of joy still in her voice as she did. Her lips still held a smile.

" 'S not my fault! You know how Jane gets if I spend too much time on the phone!" Marty defended, his voice rising in volume. Valarie laughed.

"Sure, lets blame Jane." Valarie responded, eyes rolling and her tone very playful and mocking. She turned the chair to face the large marker board on the wall, her eyes now fluttering to find something more interesting than the chicken scratch on the papers before her.

"Well, what 'ave you been up too?" Marty questioned, a faint shout sounding from his end of the line.

" 'S Valarie, Jane! Honest!" He shouted back, his voice growing farther from the phone. It then closed back in. "Sorry, Jane." She began to laugh, her head rolling back to observe the odd light fixtures above her.