Chapter Twenty Eight

Beginne am Anfang

A wicked giggle caught my attention; I looked to the side and spotted two little girls. One was dressed in expensive medieval finery with her blonde hair braided into intricate detail, and the other dressed just as well, but not of the same scale her hair a silvery blonde and was tied into a tiny bun. The girl with the bun quickly pinched the other girl who was standing close, she flinched 'ow, why did you do that?" She asked pouting.

"Because I can." The girl replies before doing it again, harder and for longer. I watch myself as I flinch back, rubbing my arm. I looked to be about five and Fia must of been about eight or nine. She seemed older than me. Fia giggled again and then decided to kick me in the shin. I watch myself as I walk away but Fia follows me. She had to, she was my lady in waiting. She goes to push me, but stops dead as some calls out to her.

"Don't be horrible Fia." A young boy her age says.

"What's it to you, Mac?" Fia pouts, her eyes had gone bigger, Bambi like.

My palms begin to sweat. Was this all a dream or did this actually happen. Am I reliving things I could no longer remember? I watch as the young Mac shakes his head, he still had dishevelled hair and his eyes were much greener now. I expect to wake up any minute. However this feels more real to me.

A bell rings out and all the children stop and draw their attention towards the building.

"Just leave her alone." Mac replies before stalking off towards the building. I stare as Fia sighs, watching him go.

"Come on then Sophia. Back to school." She breaths and pushes me forwards.

I stand and just stare at myself go, as all the children stand in single file and disappear back into the palace. I let go of a breath I didn't realise I had been holding and decide I no longer wanted to see more. I turned expecting to see the willow tree. But instead it was a bedroom, a large one with stone walls and beautiful tapestry of animals decorating the cold walls. ivory veils hung across the arched windows, blowing slightly in the wind. A Moses basket sat in the centre of the room, a rocking chair beside it. I swallowed, eyes wide as I walked straight up to it. It was empty and then the door opens and a young man walks in cradling a bundle in his arms, my father. We look alike, he has blonde hair and brown eyes where as my mother who follows behind is dark hair and blue eyes.

"How can we keep her safe until the time comes?" My mother asks, panic was in her voice.

"Celia said the time will come when it is right." My father responds, placing the baby carefully into the basket.

"Yes, but how do we know that? How do we know that they won't take her away?"

I shut my eyes, not wanting to see this. All I could hear was their voices.

"They don't know yet. It's just a matter of time."

Don't know what? I mused.

"She is powerful Theo." My mother argues. She is all tension and fright and my father is as cool as a cucumber.

"I know. I can feel her energy. Her magic is strong even at a young age."