Chapter 2

"Just come to the party with me," begged Grayson. He held my hand. "Please? It's just at the island. It will be a blast."

I chuckled. "Granville Island? They rented the island for that stupid party? What a bunch of idiots."

"It's not stupid. It's the party of the year. Everyone worked hard to organize that party. Plus, it cost alot of people money. It will be fun, I promise."

"Grayson. I love you, but I will not go to that stupid party. You know I don't do that. That's your thing, not mine."

He continued begging. "I will do whatever you want for the rest of the summer. I will be your personal driver. I will bring you food everyday. Hey, you can even use me as your scapegoat." Grayson took a long pause. Probably thinking what else he can offer just to make me go. He looked at me brightly like a light bulb was lit about his head. "I'll ask your Mom to allow you to go to Mexico on Christmas break. Whatever it is, name it and I will do it."

"Hm. You are my driver and you do bring me food all the time," I reminded him. "And about Mexico? I think I'm cancelling that plan. I'll be going to college. Priorities first, you know?"

Grayson whined. "No way. You took a year off to earn money for that trip. We planned that already."

"I know. But I don't think it will be worth it."

"Well, we're still going. But right now, go to the party with me. Please? Just this once?"

"Fine," I muttered. "I'm only going for your sake. I'll drive you home. I'm pretty sure you'll be too wasted to drive."

His face brightened. "You're the best."

"I know I am." I raised my eyebrows, smirking.

"I'll just say goodbye to Sheila before we go back to the town." Grayson opened the car door and headed back inside. When he returned, we drove back to the town. Granville Resort is about 15-20 minutes away from the main town. Grayson stopped the car in front of my house. "All white party, don't forget."

I got off. "I... will see you later."

Few hours passed. I wore a white high neck crop top, and a long culotte. I got into my car, and drove to Grayson's place. When I got there, he was already waiting outside. He opened the door. "You look... decent."

"Decent? That's all you have to say? How about you drive yourself to the party?"

He chuckled. "I'm kidding." I rolled my eyes, and started the car. As I was driving, he was just singing along with the radio. We were almost at the resort when his phone rang. He turned down the volume. He answered. "Yeah. We're just about to park," I heard him say. "Andrea... Yes... She is... Okay."

"Who was that?" I asked.

"It was Nik. Park here," says Grayson.

"What? Why? There's parking there."

"Sheila wants us to park here."

I parked the car at the resort's parking lot. Grayson and I got down from the car. "You do realize that the island is about 10 minutes walk from here, right?"

"I know," he whined.

The both of us began walking. As we were getting closer, we were beginning to hear the loud music. We arrived and loud thumping music welcomed us first. Familiar faces greeted us. There were endless drinks and kegs on every corner. Girls dancing on top of picnic tables. Other people making out, drinking, and some are just talking. And bunch of people are playing beer pong. They even set up lights everywhere. A dj was under the shed with a crowd dancing in front of him.