I mostly just researched stuff then wrote that down.

I think.

I can't really remember.

God, this is so weird. I throw my backpack over my shoulder and walk out the school doors.

"Hey, um, do you need a ride, Athena?" Somebody calls after me.

I turn around and come face to face with Parker. What is he still doing here?

"Oh, no it's fine. I live really close so I can just..."

I point to where my house is and my hand slowly falls.

My house isn't there.

None of the houses are there.

They're all gone.

Like they never even existed in the first place.

"Um...Athena? Let me just give you a ride." Parker says uneasily.

I'm about to say yes when Reece walks out of the school and gives me another glance before facing forward and walking towards what I assume is his car.

"I'm actually getting a ride with Reece." I say loudly, causing Reece to turn around and shake his head hard.

He's clearly thrilled.

"No you're not." He says as he speed walks towards his car.

"Yeah, I actually am. Sorry Parker, I'll talk to you later." I wave at him, leaving Parker with a confused expression on his face.

I hold back the pity and run up to Reece's car just as he gets in the driver's seat.

Opening the passenger door, I get in, buckling my seatbelt before he can say anything.

He gives me an annoyed look. "Seriously?"

I cross my arms over my chest. I still think he's creepy but I can't interfere with another book.

Unless this somehow interferes with another book.

He gets in and buckles his seatbelt, muttering under his breath.

I look at him out of the corner of my eye. They never said he looked like that in the book.

All...nevermind.

He pulls out of the parking lot and I see Parker again, still standing in the same exact place.

Still looking confused.

I give him a little wave but he doesn't even look in my direction.

Once we're out of the parking lot and on the road, I turn my body in my seat to face him.

"Are you stalking me like you stalk Alexandra?" I blurt out.

He lets out a short laugh. "That's what all of you think."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean by 'all of you'." I say, using my fingers to air quote him.

He glances at me. "Can't tell you."

I scoff. "Then why say it?"

"We're here." He says and I realize the car stopped.

"How did you get here so fast?" I turn to look out the window.

A huge house stands before me. A huge house that is most definitely not mine.

"This isn't my house." I turn to look at him. He chews on the inside of his cheek.

"You need to get used to it, Athena. And if you keep asking questions..." He turns to face me completely and I suck in a breath.

"Something bad's going to happen."