[7] Another You

'Now, The Door Is Open'

---

"Your making a terrible mistake, Lolita" Dylan said as he pulled up  infront of his house.

"Whatever" I push the door open,

"I need to show you something" Dylan said as he got out of the truck. I sighed and got out of the truck.

I don't understand why they'd ever build a house on a hill, like who the hell wants to walk up and down a thousand steps a day? When we finally hiked up the endless steps Dylan pushed open the door that led inside the house.

"What do you want to show me?" I asked. Dylan didn't reply, he just started up the wooden staircase. I sighed and followed behind him, the old wooden steps creaking as we walked. You'd think that this house was way bigger then it was. Dylan's room was like half the size of one of the motels. The dull blue paint on the walls had been painted in any kind of way, in any stroke. A low twin bed sat in the corner with a metal headboard. The lack of curtains lit the room up.

"What do you have to show me?" I asked, standing infront of the body length mirror. Checking myself out.

"How to use this" Dylan's reflection showed in the mirror, he held a gun up, aiming it directly at the mirror.

"I already know how to use it"

"Show me"

I turned to Dylan and grabbed the gun, pointing it at his head, and pulled the trigger. But nothing happened.

"It's empty" I took it away from his head 

"First rule, check and make sure there's bullets in the gun. Look at the slide"

I sighed and looked at the slide of the gun "Yeah?"

"What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing?" He was literally schooling me on this.

"The slide is locked back, meaning the magazine is empty. Take it out"

"I don't know how?" I was completely dumb founded.

"Release the lever behind the trigger"

I nodded and pushed the little silver lever lose, the magazine dropped from the gun down onto the floor.

"Now reload it" Dylan handed me another fully loaded Magazine. I sighed and carefully slid the magazine into the gun, the little silver lever clicked back by itself.

"Cock it" Dylan said.

"Cock it, what?" I narrowed my eye's.

Dylan sighed and ran his fingers through his tousled hair "Pull the slide back at the top of the gun, until it snaps forward automatically. Then, pull it"

I 'cocked it' and smiled glaring at the gun.

"I saw how you held the gun earlier, you held it sideways. That's not the proper way to hold it" Dylan shook his head.

"You see, holding it sideways can cut the accuracy off"

I turned back to the mirror, Dylan stood behind me. Guiding my arm in the correct position.

"Never hold it sideways, your not a gangster" Dylan scoffed a laugh "When your about ready to pull that trigger, make sure you have a good aim"

Dylan lowered my hand and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder. I gazed at our reflection, how perfect we looked together.

"Now, that your involved in this. You can't tell anyone" His raspy voice and breath hot on my ear.

"I won't" I answered.