Chapter Fifteen

"We are so glad to have you Mr Malik."

"It's my pleasure Josef. You know how important the BFC is to me. Josef this is a friend of mine Liam Payne, Liam is a boxer. Liam this is Josef Jammerbund, head of events here at the British Fashion Council."

Liam and Josef chatted a little, mostly about Li's Olympics. When he'd left Liam turned to Zayn

"This is mental. That's Alex Turner over there. I love Arctic Monkeys and I'm pretty sure I saw Jean Paul Gaultier earlier." Zayn couldn't help but smile at Liam's bright eyes and excitement. He'd invited Liam to the fundraiser but he wasn't sure if the lad would accept. They'd not really discussed the rules and Zee was unsure how things were going to play out. "Al! Come meet my mate." He called out making the grin on Liam's face grow even wider.

"Zayn. Its been too long mate. How've you been? I ran into Harry and Ed yesterday. Have you seen much of them?" Alex greeted Zee, giving him a warm hug.

"I was at the shoot for their album art work last week. Alex this is a very good friend of mine Liam."

"The Payne Train! Big fan. I've been trying to get tickets for your next fight." Zayn watched Alex and Liam fangirl at one another, trying to push all thoughts of Harry from his mind. The past eight days had been hard going; it was like everything was raw again. The only time he had stopped feeling it was when he'd been talking to Liam. Every time his phone chirped a message alert his heart had beat a little faster, if it wasn't Liam he was so disappointed it actually made him smile, every time he saw his name, heard his ring tone (Eye of the Tiger of course) he couldn't get to his phone fast enough. Now Alex had mentioned Harry's name and Zayn was worried Liam would somehow read his thoughts.

"Zayn? Zeeee?" Liam laughed snapping Zayn from his thoughts.

"Hmmm? Sorry I was in a world of my own."

"Liam was just sayin' he could get us tickets. Wanna come with me?" Alex invited.

"Josh is going too. You could all go together." Liam suggested. He'd been planning on asking Zayn to the fight anyway so this was perfect.

"We could make it an AM/Filth night out! We ain't done that in ages. And it's summat a bit different to do."

"Err yeah maybe." Shut up Alex, shut upppp Zayn thought "Congrats on the award by the way." Zayn had no idea if Alex's band had won anything since they last spoke but it was a good bet. Arctic Monkeys were winning all kinds these days.

"Yeah thanks man. How did Harry and Meg take it? I know how much that pair loves to win. It means a lot to be nominated with them though." Jesus does Alex fancy Haz or something, he won't stop bringing him up Zayn thought throwing Liam a side glance and mouthing 'sorry'. Liam dismissed his concerns with a wave of his hand and tactfully turned the conversation back to boxing.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart," Zayn started as soon as Alex had left "I don't think he realised I'm not with Harry anymore and I didn't know how to shut him up. Obviously he doesn't know that you're here with me, with me."

"No worries. You ok?" Liam asked as his eyes raked over Zees face.

"Yeah, I'm just wondering how I can get out of a joint Filth/Arctics boxing night. I suppose I could just ask Harry not to come. Oh god, do you even want me to come? Sorry, I've just realised it was Alex who asked me not you."

"I was going to ask you to the fight; it's kind of a big deal. It's a WBO, world boxing organisation, title fight and if I win it means I'll be the uncontested Super Middleweight champion of the world. It's in six weeks though and erm that means no sex until after the fight."