Chapter 4

After Bo Gum states his reason, Yoo Jung decides that is all that she needs to know. She nods timidly and faces her desk, biting her lips. She's thinking of how to comfort him, how to talk to him about it but not offending him in any way.

"Hey," she whispers. "Phone number, please."

Bo gum, without a word, places his phone on her palm.

●●●

"Nice house you live."

Yoo Jung surveys his small house. Wooden floor, the walls skin-colored. The kitchen and the living room is connected. No dining room. All of a sudden, a tiny, white dog runs out and jumps on Bo Gum's legs. When he is finished greeting his owner, he looks at Yoo Jung, alert, then begins sniffing her feet.

"Maltese?"

"Maltese mixed with poodle," Bo Gum corrects.

"Why?"

"They're more hyper."

Yoo Jung glances at him, him picking his friend off the ground into his arms. His big hands brushing through the dog's fur. The dog licks his face, and unlike anyone else, he doesn't jerk back from his tongue. He has this enthusiastic furball to enliven his dark world, to keep him from falling too deep.

But that definitely isn't enough.

"Why are there two rooms?" Yoo Jung asks out of curiosity. Bo Gum glances at Young Shin's room. The door is slightly open; he catches a sight of her chaotic bed, and makes a face. "That's my noona's room," he tells her. "I barely go in there."

Yoo Jung's attention is fixed on her room. "It's a little too messy, don't you think?" She adds a fake laugh, stepping towards it. "I'm not surprised, she's an unkempt person." Yoo Jung twirls around to face him. "Seems like you two's relationship is interesting," she laughs a real laugh. Bo Gum mutters something unintelligible.

"Did you live here when you were young, too?' Yoo Jung asks, stroking a random chair.

"You could've just ask where my father is."

"How boring and straightforward that would be."

He sighs and gives his answer. "I bought this house myself, my noona moved here with me." Yoo Jung twirls around to face him. "Where is she now though?" Bo Gum sighs again, his mind forming a bunch of ideas of where she might be: the bar, a party, the mall......

"Wasting money," he decides to say.

"You sure are a kind man," she smiles, a smile that hides some sympathy.

"Why did you come here?" He asks, twisting their conversation. Yoo Jung fills her mouth with air, her eyes darts to the right side, then she smiles. "I'm curious about you, Park Bo Gum ssi." Bo Gum raises his eyebrows, then swallows a laugh. "I could say the same to you. You've met me just today, and you're already coming into my house."

He takes a step forward.

"You're fearless, aren't you? Do you have nothing to lose?"

She takes a step backward, but still looks evenly into his eyes.

"I will take care of myself, thank you. And you might wanna stop acting like that. Do you want to live alone forever? Have no friends?"

"You should take care of yourself, I might be dangerous."

After he says those words, a big lump forms in his throat, and he fought to swallow it down. Right. He can just barge in any time he wants. A criminal is a criminal, their brain is more useful than a police's. If they want to do something, they do it. If they want to know something, they'd do anything to know the answer.

Bo Gum's father started murdering again. But what does he want to do?

Yoo Jung is standing in front of him, waving her hand in front of his face, her eyes filled with curiosity. "What do you mean, you might be dangerous? I'm a police, remember? Aren't polices always in danger? Aren't they always capturing criminals? Aren't they always risking their lives? Is this your definition of dangerous?"

Bo Gum falls deeper.

Polices are always in danger. They always capture ciminals. What if his murdering has something to do with him?

"You're right," he finally answers. "That is my definition of dangerous."

A/N-
SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT.
But guess what my summer break finally came wooooo
So I can update more now, be excited :)) I have a lot planned (maybe)