8 | Forgotten Savages

Dark twisted fantasies, turned into reality.

Kissing death and losing my breath. 

8 | F o r g o t t e n   S a v a g e s 

          “Okay everyone! Back up!” the police officer bellowed, raising his hands in the air and taking steps forward.

            Aiden covered his mouth with his hand and watched as people tried to get a closer look at the scene. His bright oceanic eyes had darkened and the white part of his eye was tinted pink from crying. He felt responsible. He promised Tasha that her friend would be fine.

            Jessica knitted her brows together as she observed Aiden. “Hey,” she said softly, “it’s not your fault.”

            “Yes, it is,” he croaked out, “I told Tasha that I would…” His words trailed off when he realized that Leslie was with Nate before she died. “Nate.”

            “What?” she questioned.

            “Nate!” he yelled, and ran back into the house. He scanned the room until he eyes landed on Nate, who was leaning against the refrigerator, sipping alcohol out of a red cup. Aiden stalked over to him and pinned him against the kitchen counter. “What did you do to her?”

            Nate’s face crinkled in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

            Aiden grew angry. “The girl, god dammit!” he yelled, “You were the last one with her! What did you do to her?”

            He raised his brows in suspicion. “I didn’t do anything to her!” He shoved Aiden away from him and flared his nostrils. “Get away from me.”

            This only made him angrier. Aiden lunged at Nate once more but before he could do anything, Nate punched him square in the face, sending him to the floor.

            Nate let out a small chuckle. “You need to calm down.”

            Aiden rolled on the floor and gripped his nose, pain ripping through it. He glanced over to the island and saw that Jessica was smiling at him. He groaned and tried to get back on his feet. “Shit,” he spat as he stood.

            “Are you done attacking me?” Nate questioned, raising a brow.

            As Aiden was about to respond, dark red liquid trickled down his nose and onto his lip. He slowly nodded, “Yeah, I’m done.”

            Nate sighed in relief and ran a hand through his thick curly hair. “Thank you.”

            Aiden eyed Nate as he leisurely walked around the kitchen. He noticed how calm he was being and realized that Nate claimed to not know about Leslie’s death. Everyone else at the party knew. His eyes narrowed and he launched himself at Nate once again.

            Nate saw him coming and pulled out a switchblade from his pocket, turning around just as Aiden laid hands on him.

            Jessica watched as this whole altercation unfolded and it seemed to play in slow motion. Before she could warn Aiden, Nate had already jabbed the knife into Aiden’s arm.

            He howled in pain and collapsed to the floor. He sucked in a large breath and latched his hand onto the lower part of his arm.

            “Aiden!” Jessica called out.

            His heart rate accelerated as blood coated his long slender fingers.