Chapter 18

Chapter 18
ELLA'S POV

"What attracts you most, eyes or lips?" I asked right away.

"Eyes...it speaks a gazillion of emotions than luscious lips! Hahaha That was easy." He answered spontaneously without even blinking.

"Now it's my turn. What do you prefer, a movie date or a walk on the beach while watching sunset?"

"The beach and sunset...that way I get to talk with my date. Hahaha!"

"But you can also talk while watching a movie." He said suppressing a smile.

"Yeah right! But the beach and sunset is more romantic. Now it's my turn so stop messing around with my answers. What would you enjoy more, biking or kayaking?"

"Biking...since I'm not a good swimmer. Hehehe.."

"I don't know how to bike, so I'd go for kayaking since I love swimming."

"Oh well, if that's the case then I would love to go kayaking or I can teach you how to bike." He sheepishly looked at me and winked.

"Hahaha you wish...seems like you're making plans already huh? Don't lead me on, I might just follow."

"Well, why don't we give it a try then?"

"May be one of these days I might take you up on it. I'll keep that in mind." I said subtly in order not to make it too obvious that I'm excited at the prospect of doing those activities.

"Now, your question?" I tried to calm myself.

"How old were you when you had your first relationship?"

"I was sixteen and so naive. Don't ask why!"

"Ouch! Sounds like you were dumped huh?" He stared at me trying to assess how I felt about it.

"I said don't ask!" I suddenly snapped at him.

"Oopppsss...hey sorry, I was just kidding. I mean no offense with what I've said. Forget that I've ever said that." He sounded apologetic and sincere. I started to feel the heat rising to my face. What is wrong with me?

"It's okay, I should be the one apologizing. I overreacted."

"I'm really sorry if I hit a nerve there. I guess I'd better get going...sorry again." He stood up and walked to the door. I made no move to go after him. All of a sudden I felt tired. The excitement was gone.

"Okay bye. It's really nothing...You need not be bothered about it. I'm just being immature." I hurriedly said once he was about to open the door. He turned around and smiled nonchalantly. Then he opened the door and closed it after him.

Arrggghh..what is wrong with me huh?! Why did I become so grouchy all of a sudden? It was just a game and he was only asking a random question. Hmmm..maybe until now I'm still sensitive when it comes to my lost love.

It's something I don't want to talk about with just anyone. Kat was the only person I openly talked about it. It took me a long time to moved on and I don't want to backslide and entertain pain again. I have suffered long enough, it could even last a lifetime. But should I really be like this every time someone asked me about first love? About first relationship? About first boyfriend? I can't just snapped at people who knew nothing about my past.

If I have finally moved on as I often told myself, then why do I always get this feeling to shut down whenever such question pops up? Have I really moved on? Or Am I only deceiving myself?

Why am I still haunted by my past? I have let go of my pain and for a while I have been successful. But why now? Why do I have to see him again? Urgh..I shouldn't be affected at all..it's been too long and I'm sure he had long moved on. I am only someone that he used to know. But what about those smoldering looks he gave me? He may not have spoken anything but his eyes told me something.

But Allen is only a ghost from the past. I should not be bothered by that one incident of bumping into him. Joel is a great guy. He's so into me...I should pay more attention to his display of affection. Yes that's it! From now on, I will only entertain thoughts about Joel and nothing more. No more Allen. I have buried memories of him in the deepest recesses of the past. Meeting him is only one time. I won't be seeing him again. It's pointless to be affected by him. For all I know he could be in a relationship right now. Whatever I've seen in his eyes meant nothing at all.

I was in the middle of resolving my tangled thoughts when my cellphone vibrated. The caller I.D. is an unknown number. Who could be calling me?

"Hello? May I know who's on the line please?" I politely asked.

"Hello, this is Alenna from Etherial Blossoms, I'm looking for miss Ella Perez." A female voice answered.

"Oh hi, this is Ella speaking. How can I help you?"

"Ah miss Ella, I'm sorry to inform you that we forgot to include a greeting card in your bouquet." The woman on the other line breathlessly explained.

"Are you sure? 'Coz the bouquet that I received has a card attached to it. And it has my name on it."

"Really miss? But the card where I wrote the message for you is right here." Alenna sounded confused.

"I'm pretty sure. The card is right here. It says 'You are as beautiful as these roses...but your thorns made you more beautiful.' That's exactly what the card says and it has my name."

"Hmm..but that's not the message left for you by the sender. 'You're like these roses...fresh and beautiful.' That's what Mr. Ramirez instructed me to write on the card."

"Oh I see. Someone must have switched it then. Never mind, it's okay."

"Okay thank you miss and sorry about it. Bye." Then she hung up.

I was left deep in thought long after the call was ended. But I'm pretty certain that the message was for me. The symbol written on it really looked familiar. Where could have I seen it? I need to remember. Thinking about it made my heart beats fast.

{Hello lovelies,
Sorry it's a super duper late update. I've been pretty occupied with work. Thank you so much for waiting. Please bear with me 'til the end. Don't forget to show me some love by voting and leaving a message.😘😍}

XOXO
PretTiLay 👸