Chapter 13

Chapter 13
ELLA'S POV

I was on my way to flag down a taxi coz I'm already running late for my first class. I actually forgot to set the alarm and woke up thirty minutes later than usual. Before I could wave a hand on the coming taxi, a silver Navara stopped in front of me. I held my breath as the window slowly rolled down. I know whom to expect, but still the butterflies in my stomach did some stunts.

"Hey beautiful, going to work? Come, I'll give you a lift," Joel said flashing his brighter than the sunshine smile which made my insides twerk. How could he look so good in the morning huh even in ripped washed jeans and plain white shirt? Once inside his car, I smell his musky woody scent that is so intoxicating.

"Good morning, are you going to the gym?" I said casually though deep inside drums are rolling.

"Yeah, early practice. What time do you get off later?" He said casting me a side glance.

"My last class ends at five." Don't tell me he's going to fetch me after work... I said to myself. Assuming much girl. Hahaha...

"Great! I'll pick you up then." He sounded excited. And that left me speechless as he worded my thoughts. Is he a mind reader? Or am I that transparent? Blush crept into my face so I pretended to be looking for something in my bag. Whew! It's getting hot in here even though the aircon is blasting.

"No, you don't have to. Besides, I'm going to get some groceries before heading home." I tried to reasoned. I can't just say yes, I can't allow myself to fall that easy. Though I'm really tempted to do so.

"Then we'll get groceries together and make dinner afterwards." He confidently added. What did he just say? I mean did I hear him right? I must be hearing things. I wasn't able to respond right away.

"C'mon Ella, not unless you're expecting somebody tonight..." He looked at me with those puppy dog eyes. It really unarmed me and I eventually agreed. So much so for playing hard to get. Haha...

"Okay sounds like a great plan then." I finally conceded and gave him a toothy grin. Text me when you're on your way later.

He stopped in front of the school gate and opened the door for me. Such a gentleman. I saw heads turning our way especially the girls. Some are gaping openly, checking him out.

"Thanks for the ride." I waved at him before walking towards the gate. And waited for him to hit the road before going in.

"You're welcome! See you later." Fan girls were still staring at him, others were giggling on the sides until his car exited. Sorry girls, I have my claims on him. Wait what? Whhoahhh... Slow down Ella!

I felt giddy all throughout the day. It's not everyday that a guy like Joel would give me a ride to work who promised to pick me up and made plans for dinner. A girl could only dream and since it's actually happening, I might as well savor the feeling.

At five o'clock sharp when the bell rang, I excitedly gathered my things, freshen up myself and was ready to go when Joel texted me that he's outside the campus. Excitement builds up which quicken my pace towards the gate.

Grocery shopping has never been this fun. He pushed the cart while I gather what I need. He also pick some items for himself. We decided to have pork adobo and shrimp sinigang for dinner. Once we have all the ingredients, we went to the cashier. While in line...

"Joel, is that you?" A woman about his age suddenly blurted out. She looked at him with such longing placing her hand on his solid shoulder. I felt some knots forming in my stomach. She's stunning even in ripped denim shorts and off shoulder top. Her creamy white skin seemed so soft and her legs are long and slender. Who could she be? I didn't have to wait long to find out...

"Sandra, it's good to see you...how have you been? It's been a while since the last time." Joel responded with such eagerness and warmth. I wonder if she's an ex or someone special.

"I'm great! I've missed you." She pinched his chin. And then she looked at me and added, "oh, is this your new girlfriend?" Joel smiled and turned to me.

"This is Ella...Ella this is my college friend Sandra." Upon introduction he didn't confirm nor deny if I'm his girlfriend. I don't know what to think about it. Whether it's a good thing or not, I can't decide. Sandra gave me a friendly smile and said hello before turning her attention to Joel. I returned the greetings then pretended to be busy arranging the groceries on the counter. They chatted for awhile and when it was our turn to pay, Joel gave his credit card to the cashier. I wanted to tell him that we should split the bill but with Sandra around I don't want to offend him. Somehow I enjoy the feeling with her assuming that we're together.

He turned to me and said, "do we have everything we need?" While Sandra was busy babbling about something back in college, Joel was obviously half listening.

"Yeah, I've crossed out everything from my list." I told him and waited for him to finish talking with Sandra or should I say for Sandra to finish. She's been talking nonstop.

He bid her goodbye and held my hand as we weaved our way out of the crowded grocery. It's rush hour, people are making last minute shopping for dinner.

When we reached home, Joel suggested that we'll cook dinner at his unit since it was his idea. I made no complaint coz I also wanted to check his place. He opened the door for me to go inside first. We actually have the same space, it's only the paint and decors that differ. While mine is painted faint purple, his is ash gray. Furnitures and decors were color coordinated. It has gray, black, and white theme. The couch is black with gray and white stripes throw pillows and a deep gray love seat. A huge smart TV is mounted on the wall and on a corner was a shelf with trophies, picture frames, some books and DVDs. A center table with a sports magazine on top stood in front of the couch. The window is draped with an abstract printed curtain in black, gray, and white. Everything was very well-organized and sparkling clean giving it a homey feeling. I was really impressed since I didn't peg him to be the organized type of guy with his easygoing personality.

Oh well, Joel is really something. He never ceased to amaze me. Which means he kept on earning pogi points from me!

{Hello lovelies,
Your votes really made me happy. Thank you for the love. You want more of Joel or that of Allen? Which ship are you? I've noticed that I'm getting more reads.. Wow didn't think I'd really earn some readers aside from those I know. Special thanks to Cjean, Caren, and Mae Cee!! 😍}

XOXO
PretTiLay 👸