Prologue

A story like this is madness. Complete and utter insanity. Therefore, it makes sense for it to start in the home of the patron of insanity.

In the Shivering Isles, home to the Daedric Prince of Madness, Sheogorath himself is in deep conversation with a visitor, the Daedric Prince of revelry and debauchery, Sanguine.

"I'm telling ya, Sangy, this cheese you brought is just to die for! The last time I had a meal like this, Molag was getting his arse handed to him by the big guy."

The two Daedric princes sat at a lavish table with an assortment of food. Surrounding the table was nothing but mist and trees, leaving them in privacy.

Sanguine lifted his goblet in thanks for the compliment. "My pleasure, Sheo, my pleasure. Now, I assume that changed your mind about helping me?"

Sheogorath paused for a moment, thinking about his proposal from earlier.

"I dunno, I already let the kid go after helping poor Pelagius here." He said, motioning to the hip bone placed on a chair next to him.

Sanguine whined in response. "Come on, Sheo. It'll be fun. Are you telling me you don't want to indulge in casuing a bit of... madness?"

The Prince of Insanity frowned. "Using my own title against me. Very naughty of you, Sangy. Tell me what you had in mind."

Smiling mischievously, Sanguine started telling him about his grand plan.

"Alright, so, as we all know, Nirn is the center of our universe, and our kind tends to, ah, 'mess around' with it from time to time. Like our own little sandbox.

Well, guess what I found after digging around at the edge of Oblivion?"

Sanguine lifted his hand, energy releasing and encasing the two in a small bubble. After clearing, they were no longer sitting in the Shivering Isles.

Instead, they were surrounded by a wasteland. Ruins were scattered around in the landscape, dead shriveled trees rather than live green pines, and strange metal contraptions laying on a partly destroyed road.

"Behold, the land of opportunity." Sanguine said with childlike excitement.

"My word!" Sheogorath exclaimed happily, but then quickly changed his expression. "But what exactly do you want to do with it?"

Sanguine grinned. "Take it over, of course. Molag and Dagon have pretty much screwed over Nirn. So why not get a world of our own."

Sheogorath got up and walked up to one of the rusted machines on the road, looking curiously at it.

"I dunno, Sangy. Pardon my dovahzul, but this world looks like crap. The hell happened to it?"

Sanguine laughed nervously. "Come on, Sheo. It may look a bit, ah, weathered, but it's still good. Just a bit of war. Same thing will happen to Nirn eventually. And besides, this place is crawling with your kind of people. Literally."

Sanguine snapped his fingers, and suddenly they were in an abandoned tunnel, the only light source being small lamps placed sporadically. In the dim light, one can see the outline of multiple humanoid creatures.

"Behold. I believe the natives call these things 'ghouls'. When they're feral, they're the very embodiment of insanity."

As if on cue, a sound of a gunshot echoed from deeper in the tunnel, which caused the mass of ghouls to growl and travel towards the source. After a few moments, there was the sound of terrified screams, then silence.

Sheogorath smiled like a maniac, and started clapping.

"Alright Sangy, you convinced me. Although to be fair, you've convinced me when we first got here. I just wanted to see what else there was."

With another snap, Sanguine brought them back to the abandoned road.

"Great. But if you're in, there's some things you need to do first."

Sanguine smiled devilishly. "First, you need to take care of that pesky Dragonborn. Wipe her off the face of Nirn."

Sheogorath smirked, then looked around at his surroundings.

"Oh, I have a few ideas on that..."