You Have Three Wishes

C h a p t e r  N i n e

||You Have Three Wishes||

"Good morning, sunshine!" Cassie sang.

Arielle rolled over on her side and groaned.

"Why does my head feel like it's about to explode?"

"Do you remember anything from last night?"

"Not really."

"Mm..."

Arielle tried to sit up slowly, but then realized that that was a mistake by the way her head was spinning. She slid back down and groaned.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Cassie asked.

"Um... I think I was drinking Flazzy with that Collin guy... Oh, shit. Please don't tell me I did anything with him."

Cassie laughed.

"Oh, Cassie! I did, didn't I?"

"Calm down. You got drunk with him on fairie nectar, nothing more."

Arielle let out a long sigh. "Do you have any aspirin? If I don't take something soon, you're going to have to clean my brains off of the walls."

Cassie picked up a glass of water from the bedside table and handed it to Arielle. She dropped two pills into her hand and sat down on the edge of the bed. Arielle tilted her head back and swallowed them.

"Okay, so what happened?" She asked.

"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. You're going to have to ask Cade."

"Cade? Why would he know what happened? I figured he was probably off with a girl all night."

"Nope. He found you all loopy and brought you back to the Guard with us."

"Greaaat. Now, he'll never let me live this one down."

Cassie smiled and got up. "Well, he is Cade. He can be quite unpredictable, so I wouldn't worry too much. I'll send him to talk to you in an hour. Just take a nap for right now."

Arielle rolled over and mumbled something. Cassie left the room and closed the door behind her. She walked up to the next floor of the Guard to Cade's room. She knocked and he opened up immediately.

"Aw, damn. I thought you were gonna be the babe I shagged last night coming over for more."

Cassie raised her eyebrows. "You and I both know you aren't the type of guy to do that, even though heaven knows why you try to keep the bad boy rep going."

Cade shrugged and let her inside.

"What happened last night, Cade? With Arielle, I mean."

"I found her drunk, she lost her balance, and I carried her loopy self back here."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, why?"

Cassie paced across the room and stood by the window.

"She mumbled something about you in her sleep, but I couldn't make out what it was. I thought maybe she was talking about something from last night."

"She may have been fantasizing about my muscular arms being around her."

Cassie rolled her eyes. "Just go see her in an hour, okay?"

"Okay."

"I'll see you later. We have to help train Rupert."