Smile In Your Face

Start from the beginning

The next morning the man took another lock of her hair. He stuffed it into his box and sent the girl off.

Her last friend appeared that same day. All the friends jumped in joy. They spent that whole day playing with each other.

After she was done playing with her friends the man,proud of his work, approached her to take a lock of hair away from her.

The girl followed through with the plan and told the man that she refused to give him a lock of her hair.

The man jumped back confused and baffled that she refused to give him what he demanded from her.

He asked her again to be sure and she refused once again.

The man swallowed back a sour taste and banished the girl to eternity on a bed away from her friends with only one lock of hair to hold in her hand to remember what she had lost. He even went as far to demand her to sing as a bird trapped in a cage that only gets to watch people have fun and not have fun herself.

~Oma Mitchelle

                                                                           * * * * *

I wake up afraid and clutch my pillow to my chest. It's weird how little by little my dreams were beginning to make less sense to me. I glance at my bed side table alarm clock. It's 6 p.m. I search around for my phone and see that I don't have any missed calls. Disappointment washes over me. I quickly shake my head to get rid of the feeling. What was I doing, getting disappointed over something so little? I hop off my bed and feel a bit woozy. I was sleeping  too much today. I walked out my door to find Logan standing their.

"Creep, much," I say walking past him.

He doesn't look one bit perturbed by my comment.

"Well, I just came to check on you. It seemed like you were having a nightmare," he says.

I narrow my eyes as I stare back at him. "Thanks, but your concern isn't needed."

"You're welcome, but I'll give it anyway," he smiles back at me.

I bite my tongue. I wasn't about to get in an argument with a low life in my hallway. I didn't mean to be bitchy but I didn't need some random guy sticking his nose in my problems. Besides, his smile creeps me out.

"Don't you and my brother have some conspiracy theories to discuss or something?" I ask not being sarcastic in the least.

He looks at me with a serious expression, "I'm not a conspirator."

"Sure," I say rolling my eyes and heading downstairs.

I would have called Adrian, but I wasn't in the mood to deal with someone as equally pissed off as I was right now. I laugh, at least I'm pissed off for a reason. I think back to that and shudder as the nightmare replayed in my mind. I need a therapist or something because I think I'm off my rocker.  It's not like the doctor would tell me anything I didn't know, though. He or she would tell me that I'm just stressed out because of the death of my friend coupled with the fact that my family life is just as bad. Same bullshit; different day. If they could tell me what's wrong with Adrian I'd give them all the money I'd ever own. I shrug away the thought as I scrummage through the fridge for something to eat. 

June had already gone home and my dad was currently snoring away on the couch. If he had a bedroom, why didn't he use it? I make a PB&J and head back up to my room. Logan's not standing in front of my door this time so I assume it's safe to pass. Boy was I wrong. Apparently Logan doesn't know the term 'give up'.