The neighbors.

Zoe

"Hey Alexa I'm gonna be out for a bit so come lock the door once I'm out. I'm gonna go get groceries. kay? Send me your list of what you want."

Alexa practically wiggled out of the couch.

"Ah yes, my humble abode."

She's so odd. That gal will be the death of me. Alexa always gets exited when she has the house (apartment) to herself. I don't know what she does when she's alone but I know it can't be good.

I set off and while I'm going down the stairs (I regret taking because we live on the 4th floor but I don't want to take the elevator, however, cause I could use some exercise) I stumble on a step. Zoe you trip on the step every time you go down, stop being so clumsy. You're such a fool.

Then I hear an audible scoff.

"Hmf"

What the heckles.

I look up to see two boys who look similar smirking. Oh they must be brothers I can tell. Nice going Zo, they're laughing at you. I smile and awkwardly laugh trying to lighten the mood. I shuffle down the stairs as quickly as possible.

I turn around however though to look back at them. They each have lightly tan skin and perfectly laid golden scruffy hair. Hmm not too shabby. The shorter one (they're both not short, a little tall actually but the older one is maybe 4 inches taller) has chiseled features. Nice. Plump lips and strong nose. Pretty eyes. The taller one has furrowed brows and a sly chin. Kinda cute not gonna lie, but still they didn't even say "hi" or "hey you ok", whatever I won't get into it.

The taller one is holding a key, I haven't seen them in the complex. They're probably just visiting. But why would they have that key and why would they be carrying boxes. Oh crap. CRAP. GOSH THEY'RE MOVING IN.

At this point I'm hyperventilating. I just totally embarrassed myself in front of two ( cute ) boys who are moving in. Seriously Zoe pull it together.

I tuck my hair behind my ears and stabilize my breathing. Chill Zo, you'll probably never see them again. You can go on living your life and you're gonna be good. Ok yea I'm fine.

"What number are we?"

I whipped my head around and looked back at them again. Oh shorter one spoke, I wonder what floor they're on so I can avoid them.

"We're 4A."

4A huh. 4A. Cool. WAIT WHAT. 4A AS IN THE FOURTH FLOOR APARTMENT A. DEAR LORD THATS THE APARTMENT RIGHTS NEXT TO MINE. CRAP, WHY GOD WHY. I'm gonna have to avoid them for the rest of my life now. I'll never be able to come home and if I somehow make it I'll never be able to leave.

Oh, what am I gonna tell Alexa? She's in the apartment. Oh well I'm sure she'll be fine. She's an independent strong woman.

I almost forgot what I was doing when I remembered I still needed groceries. I went down into the parking garage, hopped in my van, and called Mad.

Mad was driving up to Oklahoma to visit her fam. Mum and dad, as well as two lil bros. luckily I don't have to drive much more than 45 mins to see the rest of my family. I still had a little brother who was in 9th grade. Also my parentals of course. But Mads family lives out of state. She wanted to see them before we all started school after summer break.

She picked up. "Hey what's up."

"Hey girl how's the drive going?"

"It's long and tiring, why did I decide to live 8 hours away from my fam? This drive is brutal man."