Frank and Rayna Part 2

"See, I knew you were a jerk." She accused, when he turned on her. His eyes were full of pain.

"I'm fat and I'm also a jerk, really Rayna. I tell you what just go; go back inside and find a thin guy. Maybe that boyfriend of yours will walk in. What's his name? Demonte. He's thin enough, right." Rayna opened her mouth to speak once more, but Frank was not finished. "I never knew you thought like that. I won't bother you again. You know, fat guys have feelings too." Frank stated. Then he started walking away from her for good. Rayna looked back at the club and then she watched Frank leave. She went after Frank.

"Frank, wait!" She called. People were staring. She was sure it was a funny sight, a chubby man walking away from a scantily dressed girl. However, Rayna no longer cared. She just hurt her only real friend. She had to try and fix this.

"What are you doing?" Frank demanded. "Rayna, go back."

"I'm not leaving you out here by yourself. I'm sorry. Frank, you are the only guy that never made me feel like a slut. You, Spence, and Brendan always treated me and Chianne nice. What I said back there, I didn't mean it, not like that." Rayna explained once more.

Frank sighed, "Yes you did. You regret saying it, but you meant it. No one wants a fat boyfriend. I get that. But, Rayna, you are so pretty, and you deserve so much better than him." He sighed. "Never mind, I'll always be your friend, and after tonight, I know where I stand, so this line won't get blurred anymore." Off in the distance, he saw his dad's car. "My ride is here, go back inside." He whispered. "Tell the guys, I'll call tomorrow." She stood and watched as his dad pulled up.

Frank waved goodbye as she walked back inside the club.

"Son, are you alright?" Dad asked.

Frank stared at the door, "No, but I will be. I want to go to Virginia earlier than July. I'm calling Uncle Ross and see if I can come and start next week."

His dad sighed, "Ok, that girl, she was wrong though. I don't know what y'all talked about, but she just made the biggest mistake of her young life." Dad whispered.

Frank nodded. He was eighteen. He was going to learn from his uncle. He would take classes to learn about starting his own business, and when he made it, he was coming home and moving his dad with him.

"Dad, you can come too. I can get an apartment for the two of us, and I'm sure we'll be ok." Frank explained.

Harry Blue looked at his only son. His boy was a good kid. Raising him as a single dad was hard, because when he was small he always asked about his mom. Harry started to make up something, but when Frank was six, he told him the truth. His mom wanted something different in life, so she chose to go find her happiness. She loved him, but could not take care of a growing boy on her own. Frank had more questions, which led to much disappointment.

The summer of the storms changed everything, Frank and his friends decided to find his Mom and they did. The boys worked all of June and bought round-trip tickets to Seattle Washington, where Frank sought out the one woman he imagined was missing him.

Their visit was short-lived. Vivian's new husband could not know she had a child, especially one that looked like this fat dumpy kid. "You are trying to ruin my life. Why are you here? How did you find me?" Vivian demanded. Before Frank could answer, she said the one thing that made him lose all hope of ever knowing her. "I can't believe I slept with that fat ass loser and was cursed with something that looked just like him. Harry Blue was the worse decision I ever made and I wish I had aborted." Frank was crushed.