Spencer and Chianne Part 6

Story 2: Spencer and Chianne

The club was crowded. Spencer Cross could not dance, but he wanted to spend a few moments alone with Chianne. "Let's dance." He suggested.

Chianne laughed, "No, I hate this music and I've seen you dance. At that moment the music changed and a slow, melodic love song filled the air. Chianne Woo looked around. She started not to come, but her few friends were here and she wanted to celebrate the night with them.

Spencer smiled, once more, "Dance with me, Chianne, please." She agreed, but if anyone tried to laugh, she was leaving.

The crowd watched as Spencer and Chianne went into a dark corner of the club to share their dance. Alone at the table, Brendan sat with Lydia. She sighed, and looked around; her friends were all occupied. The guys that she was talking with had found other girls to impress, and she was stuck here with Brendan.

Brendan smiled, "After next week, you won't see me again. That should make you happy." Lydia looked at him, and for a brief second, a strange emotion was in her eyes.

"I wish..." she whispered, but before she finished, Rayna returned and she was upset.

Sitting next to Brendan, Rayna was silent. "Are you alright?" Lydia asked.

Rayna looked at her. This girl was everything everyone else wanted to be. She knew what Lydia and her friends thought of her. She smiled, "I'm fine, but are you sure you want to be seen with someone like me around. You do have an image to protect, right, Lydia?" she questioned.

Lydia stood quickly, and turned to leave, but not before Brendan grabbed her hand. "We'll talk later, ok." He whispered.

Lydia looked at him, blinked, and walked away. "Hmmm, I can't stand that stuck up bitc..." Rayna froze. Brendan looked pissed. "Sorry I didn't know you were interested in her. I thought you were cool. Guess the truth had to come out sometimes." Rayna muttered.

Brendan spoke, "You did this to yourself you know. You had two kids in high school with two different guys. Neither of those guys were any good, and you know it. Yet, Frank really liked you, and you dogged him out. So, Rayna, you want to be a victim, go on. Just know this; it won't be on my watch anymore." She gasped. Brendan continued, "Oh, and that girl right there is the only one that never talked about you behind your back. Others did, but not Lydia. When you had your little girl and the class gave you gifts, Lydia arranged that. So before you talk noise, know who you're talking about.

Rayna was dumbfounded. Tonight was fuck up night for her, first, Frank and now Brendan. She needed to go before she pissed off Spencer and Chianne as well.

Chianne and Spencer returned and knew something had changed. Brendan stood. "I'm out. Spencer, Chianne, I'll see you guys tomorrow." Then Brendan left.

"Wait? What happened?" Spencer asked confused.

Rayna said nothing. "Look, I need to get home. Nadine only agreed to keep the kids for two hours. You guys have fun." She stood to leave.

Chianne offered Rayna a ride home, and Spencer went with them. They dropped Rayna off first, and then Chianne drove Spencer home. She parked and they talked.

Chianne just watched him. He was so cute. He was a bit dorky, but that was ok. She knew that in a fight with her brothers, he'd be stomped, so she'd look out for him.

"Chianne, are you listening?" Spencer asked, a bit nervous.

"Oh no, what?" Chianne replied.

"Have you decided on a college yet?" Spencer asked.

Chianne shook her head. "I'm just gonna work at the shop. School is out of my reach right now." She explained.

Spencer was disappointed, but he understood. Chianne continued, "You're going to UU right?" She asked.

Spencer nodded, and hid a grin.

"Well, don't forget about me when you get around those college girls': She whispered.

Spencer was surprised, "No, Chianne, never." She leaned over and kissed him. Spencer was shocked. No girl had ever kissed him before and within seconds it was over. Chianne looked a bit embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I thought..."

Spencer, leaned over and kissed her back. Chianne encircled his neck and deepened the kiss.. When it ended, Spencer was babbling. "I always wanted... I never thought,,,,"

Chianne simply smiled and whispered, "I really do like you Spence. Don'tforget me." His dad opened the door and looked outside. Spencer got out of thecar and watched her drive away. He was leaving for school in a few days, butbefore he left, he had to see Chianne once more.