[ sixteen ] kiss it better

Start from the beginning

Harper's grandma then continued to bully her granddaughter, telling her best friends about every single embarrassing moment in her life. About the time she accidentally stole something and cried for two hours, about how she broke her arm (both times), how she gave herself a haircut when she was seven.

So. Many. Stories.

While Stiles and Scott's faces were red from laughing, Harper's face was red from embarrassment. They had finished their dinners about five minutes but Rose was now telling them about Harper's first day at Beacon Hills Elementary school.

"Her parents, Oliver, and I were all so worried about her. But she came back beaming. She told us that she made two new best friends, better than her friends back home." Rose smiled fondly at the memory.

Harper smiled slightly too, remembering this more vividly than any of the other stories that her grandmother had told them.

Stiles was beaming. "Scott and I?" He guessed.

Rose chuckled. "Of course. She forgot all about her old friends and England as soon as she met you two." She sighed. "I wish you were all young again."

"I wish we were young again, too." Harper muttered, leaning her head against her hand as she rested her elbow on the table.

Her grandmother smacked it off. "No elbows at the dinner table." Rose told her before turning to Scott. "Now, what's this I hear about you being upset?"

The werewolf glared at Harper and Stiles who both shrunk in their seats. "Oh, my girlfriend and I are on a break." He mumbled, embarrassed.

Rose frowned. "By the look on your face I'm assuming it wasn't your idea." She sighed. "Well, she's a silly girl. You're a very good looking young man, Scott. Any girl would be lucky to have you."

Scott offered her a weak smile. "Thanks, Rose."

Rose dismissed it with the wave of a hand. "It's my job to make everybody feel better. It's what grandma's do. I'll date you if your girlfriend doesn't come around."

The three teenagers laughed at this. Rose was always joking about marrying Scott, she was very fond of him. She had been ever since he helped her make cookies when he was eleven and Stiles and Harper were ignoring him. He had been so cute, despite making a total mess of her kitchen.

Once everything was silent again, Rose stood up, coughing a little. "I'm going to wash the dishes. You three go in the living room and put on a movie or something." She began to stack the nearly-clean plates on top of each other.

"I can help." Harper offered, standing up as she grabbed a plate. "You're starting to sound wheezy again, grandma."

"Nonsence." Her grandma shook her head. "I'm perfectly fine, my dear. Now go have fun with your friends, you never know what's around the corner."

Harper gave Rose a sceptical look but was cut off when a sharp pain shot through her head. She stumbled back a little, right into Stiles' arms. Stiles frowned, holding onto her tightly. Scott's eyes widened and he quickly distracted Rose.

"You know what? I'm going to help you, Rose. I think I could do with a little more advice from you." Scott lied quickly, luckily sounding pretty convincing.

Rose smiled. "Sure. What do you want to talk about, love?"

Stiles dragged Harper away from the kitchen, pulling her up the stairs and into her bedroom. He closed the door and when he turned around Harper was gasping and holding her throat, her eyes shining with tears.

"Harper!" Stiles gasped, dashing forwards and holding her.

The Stilinski boy began to panic, frantically trying to help her, but she wouldn't respond. Before he could even yell for help, she had collasped, no longer wheezing or even moving.