➵ 3

Author's POV

"Is she fine?" Sungcheol asks nervously when Jisoo comes back down. Jisoo gives a reassuring smile and joins the rest of the boys crowding around the leader.

"She's fine hyung, settled and unpacking." Sungcheol nods and sighs a shaky sigh.

"I think you know what we all want to hear," Junghan says on behalf of everyone.

"I left home when I was fifteen to come to Pledis, and from then on there I was a trainee until we debuted. I left her and my mom when she was thirteen. I-I kept contact with my mom, but I never once spoke to Miyoung. Not until today at least." He explains, the other Seventeen members listening intently.

"Why didn't you keep contact with her?" Soonyoung asks, wanting to know. Well, everyone does. If you could keep contact with you mother, why not your dongsaeng?

"I knew she would ask me to come back home. I knew that once she begged I wouldn't be able to resist. But I wanted this so bad. If I could've accomplished this then I could've had a futur set for Miyoung and I. Out home situation was never the best, I could've provided for her. This is my dream, and now I have it. With you guys. I'm even the leader... I'm living my dream and it's because I neglected my own sister, the person I was doing all of this for," Sungcheol answers, feeling defeated.

The other 12 boys nod and try to process everything Sungcheol said.

Minghao got the courage to speak after some time.

"Don't best yourself up about it hyung, it'll take time, but she'll forgive you," he says, trying to lighten the heavy atmosphere.

"I hope you're right..." Sungcheol mutters while everyone disperses back to what they were doing.

~Evening~

Miyoung was in her room, finishing prepping her desk and adjusting them frames on the wall.

13 boys, she thinks to herself, while sighing and sitting down on the bed. Did mom know about this?

At that moment, a knock on the door pierced bthrough the silence.

"Come in," Miyoung answers softly, looking at the door.

The knob twists and in comes Wonwoo, her neighbor.

"Hey," he greets, grinning while he's at it.

"Hi," she replies sheepishly, because hey, even if she was supposed to live with them, she had Jeon Wonwoo standing in her room. Until today she only thought of Seventeen as idols too high up to reach. Now look at where she is?

"What's up?" Miyoung adds, now realizing that, yes, Wonwoo is in her room, but for what?

"Jisoo hyung asked me to check up on you since he's heading to the studio tonight," Wonwoo explains, following his hyung's instructions.

Miyoung nods, taking in the information.

"Who else is at the studio?" She asks, wanting to know if it was safe to go downstairs or not. If you know what I mean.

"Um... Woozi, Junghan and Sungcheol hyung," he says, speaking Sungcheol's name with some hope.

"Awesome," Miyoung exclaims, jumping off the bed and heading to the door, not forgetting to hold it open for Wonwoo.

"Why so excited?" He asks, already having a slight idea towards why.

"Sungcheol's not here, so I'm heading downstairs for a bit. It's a safe zone now," Miyoung explains as if it's the must humane thing ever.

Except to Wonwoo it's the most unhealthiest thing ever.

But whatever, it's not like he can do something about it today.

"Oh... Okay. Let's go."

They both smile at each other and head fine the stairs.

"I am! But then you came to talk to me!" Chan shouts at Seungkwan in the kitchen, just as Miyoung and Wonwoo finish the last step.

"Mhm," Seungkwan hums sarcastically. Chan huffs and pouts at the older while the other two step foot into the kitchen.

"Hi Miyoung," Seungkwan waves nicely and Miyoung waves back.

"Noona! Believe me when I say I was about to bring you dinner right now, but then Seungkwan hyung started talking to me and said that I was forgetful but I'm not because I was-"

Seungkwan cut the maknae off by slapping his arm as he was blabbing way too much. Chan mouthes 'ow' and rubs where his hyung hit him.

"Noona?" Miyoung asks confused, asking herself if she was really older than Dino, as she knows him. "When were you born?"

"1999," he replied, shocking Miyoung.

"Oh... Wow..." She trails off, shocked. "I'm a 97 liner."

"Really?" Seungkwan groans, making Chan giggle.

"Wae?" I ask confused.

"Seungkwan's a 98 liner," Wonwoo explains.

"How young are you guys?" Miyoung asks.

"Well when's your birthday?" Chan asks, now calming down from his laughter.

"November 2 1997."

"Nice. You're older than Chan, Verson, Seungkwan and Minghao," Wonwoo replies.

"I feel attacked," Chan mumbles, making Seungkwan giggle.

"Oh!" He suddenly exclaims making everyone else in the room jump out of their skin. "Your food Noona~" He sings sweetly, handing Miyoung a plate of kimchi fried rice.

"Ah, gomawo...?" She trails off, embarrassed because she didn't know his real name.

"Lee Chan," Wonwoo whispers, noticing her pausing.

"Gomawo Chan."

Chan smiles widely and brushes it off, and the three boys decide to sit at the  table in the kitchen, getting to know Miyoung.

~The Next Morning~

It was a Monday and the boys had to go to the Pledis studio; they had rehearsals.

But Sungcheol didn't want to leave his little sis alone to wake up to an empty house, so he sent one of the members up to her room, because hey, he still doesn't have the courage to talk to her, especially after their first encounter.

Jisoo volunteered to wake her up, so now he's climbing up the stairs.

He knocked on the door in case she was awake, which after a few seconds he found out she wasn't.

He slowly opened the door, stepping in, to see Miyoung curled up under the sheets. He smiled a tiny bit at how peaceful she looks.

Now, he thinks, pondering on how to wake her up.

Jisoo reaches over and gently latches his hands onto her shoulders, shaking her slowly.

"Miyoung... Wake up," he coos, shaking her a bit more until she stirs on her own.

He lets her go and stands up straight as he watches her shuffle around before noticing him and shooting straight up.

"Jisoo! G-Good morning," she stutters, embarrassed because, heck, an idol just say her in her morning form.

Jisoo chuckles a tiny bit before speaking.

"Morning Miyoung. Anyways, I just came to wake you up because we're all heading to the studio. Mingyu made you breakfast and it's in the microwave. That's all, we'll be back around lunch," Jisoo explains and waits a few seconds for Miyoung to digest the information.

"Alright, thanks for letting me know," she says, smiling to show her appreciation. Jisoo returns one before heading out the door.