Chapter 5 The Leading Lady

*Gerald's flashback*

I was 6 years old. I was roaming around looking for my mom. I really couldn't see her. We were just waiting for the contestant to finish her song when she went to the restroom. And the contestant was about to finish and hindi pa dumadating mommy ko. Oh Mooom !! Where are you ?

While walking, looking for mom, I saw a girl, probably a year older, with her hands on her face. I assumed she's crying so i asked her.

"Why are you crying?" She answered me in some tagalog words I couldn't understand.

"oh. I can't understand you. Sorry." I answered her. Eventually, she told me that she had to drink before her performance. She was very fluent in English which really impressed me. Anyway, after I learned about her problem, I gave her my apple juice. I also learned that she was one of the contestants so i gave her my lucky charm. That stone was very important to me because it was given by my father and I didn't really know what had gotten into me. I just thought that she needed my stone more than I did.

Oh My !! She was very great. She had this voice that could really stop you from whatever you're doing. No doubt, she won !! Yohooo !!. About my mom ? She appeared just after the first contestant and I had to ask her to stay a little longer so we could watch her perform.

When the contest was over, I saw her at the backstage. Everyone's congratulating her when she saw me. She went near me and handed me the stone. She wanted to return it back but i didn't accept it. In return, she gave me her little ponytail with an embroidered SARAH. So that's her name. Beautiful.

I hadn't given my name because my mom just appeared and carried me in her arms. That was fast. I really wanted to know more about that girl.

*End of Flashback*

I Still wanted to.

I had to meet Ms. Nhila for my next movie. "Hayy Gerald. tama na ang pag rereminisce. Trabaho na" I said to myself. I was very very curious as to who would be my leading lady. we met in a restaurant just a few blocks away from ABS.

"So ? Sino?" I immediately asked her.

"Huh ? Sino what ?" She asked me, puzzled.

"Sino yung leading lady ko?" I asked. Losing my patience.

"Aaa. Are you that excited ?" Ms. Nhila said.

"So ? Sino nga ?" I asked her again.

"Uhmm.. Si..."

"Uh Huuuh ?"

"Ok. It's Sarah Geronimo. You'll be paired with Sarah Geronimo." I was very sure that I looked like a tarsier that very moment for my wide-eye.

"ARE YOU SURE?" I asked her.

"Of course I am ! See ? Gulat na gulat ka !!" she teased me.

"Oh Wait. In two months, you'll be starting your shooting and next  week you'll have your story-con for the movie." she added.

We had gone our separate ways. Ms. Nhila went to ABS and I went back home. I headed directly to my freezer and took out a bottle of apple juice. I never let myself run out of apple juice. Ever since I was a child, my mother used to buy me this so naging favorite ko na siya.

Anyway, i still couldn't believe that i'll be working with Sarah. I was too shy to talk to her or even to face her but I was certain that this shyness will eventually fade away now that she'll be my leading lady. Yes, My Leading Lady.