[7]

BRYDEES POV

When I wake up to my phone ringing I dismiss it at first but after a few minutes of it stopping and starting I give into whoevers calling and grab my phone. The first thing I notice is that Toddy is calling me. Then I realise that it's almost noon... 'Hey Toddy what up?' I ask casually once I answered the call. 'Oh well uh I was wondering do you want to come with me and Scotty for a hike? I mean you don't have to but like if you want to...' he suggested awkwardly. 'Oh yeah that sounds great! I just woke up I'll text you back in a few, byyyyeeee!' I replied happily.

I climb out of my warm bed and walk out into the hallway. I walk around the house a few times before I realise David and Liza aren't home... I can't see any notes of where they are so I just call David, he picks up almost immediately. 'Hey Brydee! Oh shit I forgot to tell you... me and Liza have come out shopping and you were really tired last night so I just wanted you to rest up...' David says quickly. 'Oh yeah nah that's fine...Uhm Toddy asked if I wanted to go for a hike with him and Scotty? I can go yeh?' I ask as I make my way back to my room. 'Of course Brydee! Your 20! I'll see you later, gotta go! Bye Bryyyyyyy!' He ends the call and I start typing a text to Toddy.

Me : Hey Toddy yeh I'm able to go, gimme 30

He replies instantly

Toddy : ok cool, I'll see you soon! It gets really warm on the trail just saying

I start picking out an outfit - a white tshirt with some cacti on it, a thin cardigan to cover the scars, some ripped denim short, a pair of white converses and a white baseball cap. White is basic. I am basic.

I take a quick shower not bothering to wash my hair and then get ready. I put light make up on knowing that I'll probably sweat it off if Toddy is telling the truth and it does get hot... Before I know it my phone is buzzing and I check it -

Toddy : hey you ready? We're outside in Scottys car

Me : yeh I'll be down in 5

I grab my phone, purse and spare key David gave me the other day before locking the door and going to the elevator. When I reach the main floor I head outside and jump into the awaiting car. 'And now that Brydees here we can goooo!' Scotty says into his vlogging camera as he points it at me. I do a quick awkward wave before pulling out my phone yet again to text David.

Me : just left with Toddy and Scotty... Will be back in however long it takes them to do this track... Byyyeee

I put my phone away and see that we are currently pulling into a gravel car park and it looks like we are at some kind of national park. 'Here we are!' Toddy says suddenly and I notice that he is also vlogging on his phone. He points the camera at me and says 'Brydee pose!' I do as he says an pull a ninja style pose. 'What even was that?' He laughs loudly. 'It was my ninja pose!' I pout childishly, Toddy laughs harder.

We walk along a narrow path for what seems to be like forever and all of a sudden we come to a clearing, there are a few large rocks so we climb up on top of them excitedly trying to see over all the trees. I manage to get high enough to see I've the city and wow, it's beautiful. 'Woah this is so pretty!' I exclaim as we all climb back down ready to continue walking. 'Not as pretty as you, my lady,' Toddy says smirking at me. 'Toooddddddyyyyy! I told you to stop calling me that!' I say pouting again. He turns around to face me quickly and then just smirks before turning around and catching back up with Scotty.

We walk for a while longer and we all start to become aware of the temperature rising. I'll admit it - I'm boiling. But there is no way on earth that I would take the cardigan off. Not over my dead body.

Scotty and Toddy on the other hand.... They are very comfortable with their bodies and have taken off their shirts. Their sweaty shirts are now slung over their broad shoulders.