When I See You

Lyric O'ryan

I put your picture on my mirror
Start to blush when somebody says your name
In my stomach, there's a pain
See you walk in my direction
I go the other way
I start to stutter when I speak
Start to stand but my knees go weak
What's happening to me?
In the dark, can you tell me what it means?

Hearing my phone ring, I sit up in my bed and quickly pick it up from off of my bedside dresser, already knowing who it was I quickly answered it.

"Hello"

"Damn you sound sexy as fuck when you just waking up." Is the first thing that I hear come out of Deshawn's mouth at.... 3:42 a.m

"Stopp" I whined while blushing, causing him to chuckle.

"I'm sorry babe, what you doing."

"Uhh sleeping" laying back on my pillow I hear him laugh again. His laugh makes my day. No, just him, in general, makes my day and I just met him.

" What are we doing today ma?"

"We? Since when did we make plans?"

"Since now. Now that I know you, I don't ever want to spend a day without you so it me and you every day, every hour, every minute, and every second. I promise you that ma."

"Really?" I whisper, almost in tears.

"Yes really, but imma need you to cut that whining and crying shit out. My girl ain't no Bitch you heard?"

Laughing, I shake my head once again at his silliness.

"And who said anything about me being your girl sir?" I sass.

Smacking his lips, "man I did cuz, your mines, and my cousin is gonna soon recognize." Hearing him talk like that, made me squirm on my bed as my lower region, came to life, having a heartbeat of its own.

"About your cousin....you were right. Fan- I mean I caught him with another girl in his office..." I finish, hoping he didn't catch my slip up and think I'm weird.

"He's never going to like you", she said once again filling my head with doubts.

"Shut up", I mentally scream at her, only to be replied with laughter.

"Well, you don't even have to worry about that nigga. I should thank him though. He just made it easier to have my future wife in my arms sooner rather than later." He chuckles.

Hearing him say that made me blush and cover my face with my free hand like he was here standing over me saying those words.

"If only he knew." Was her last words of the night making me depressed once again.

Sighing," if you knew me... You wouldn't thank that way." I whisper through the phone. It's taking everything any me, not to shed a tear. I was so sick and tired of crying.

"Hey. I know more than you think and trust me when I say, I'm not going nowhere." Deshawn firmly replies, making a really big part of me believes him, but there was still apart of me that didn't.

" You don't even know me."

"But I do, you're the sexy chocolate, two dimples in the cheeks, two dimples in the back, perfect body, perfect mentality girl that I want to make my queen. Listen to ma, I'm new to this shit. You're the first girl to make me want to settle down and be in my feelings. I'm not going to lie to you, I did a lot of girls dirty