Chapter 1: Old Enemies, New Friends

Start from the beginning

He sat down on the edge of the hospital bed and let out a long sigh. He has been put under a lot of stress lately. Sometimes he felt like he could just give in at any moment. 

Draco pulled out a clip board and started to ask Harry questions, "So how did you hurt your arm?"

Harry mumbled something, but Draco could not quite catch it. "Sorry, what did you say?" 

"I fell down a set of stairs." Said Harry, a lot louder.

Theo snorted with laughter on the other side of the room.

The healer paused for a moment and laughed to himself. "Let me get this straight you defeated Voldemort, but you can't walk down a set of stairs correctly? Wow."

"Shut up, Malfoy." Barked Harry, "It happened to be a steep set of steps."

"Why didn't you get someone to fix it for you? It's an easy fix. You don't usually even have to go to a Healer." Questioned Draco.

"All on the job injuries are required to be healed by a Healer." Informed Harry. "It's regulation."

On the other side of the room Draco flicked his wand and Harry's arm snapped back into place.

"Ahh, damn it," Cursed Harry, wincing in pain, "I wasn't expecting that." 

A few moments later Theo stretched out across the hospital bed behind Harry. He made himself comfortable then announced, "These beds are surprisingly comfortable... I'm going to take a nap."

Harry laughed to himself while Draco barked off at Theo, "Get out of that bed!"

"Fine," he huffed. Theo found a straight back chair in the corner of the room and sat down in it. "Luna loved chairs... especially straight back chairs." Theo muttered with a little sadness in his voice.

Curiosity got the best of Harry, "What happened with Lun-"

"Rolf Scamander, that's what happened. Some bloke with a fancy second hand suitcase and a famous grandpa." Blurted out Theo.

"Oh, sorry mate." Said Harry. 

"Enough about me, what's going on with you?" Asked Theo.

The boy who lived chuckled to himself, "A lot of work and stress."He paused for a couple of moments before continuing, "Guess what our old pal Dumbledore did? He is rumored to have left behind a very powerful magical object. Something so powerful it can supposedly bring the wizarding world to its knees and crumble it to dust. And guess who's in charge of the quest to find this thing? Me. Nobody back at headquarters wants to go search for it with me, and since Hermione got her new promotion, she can't come. Even if she did come I would be required to bring one more. It is regulation that you have to have three people. My life is a total wreck right now... so yeah that's how I'm doing." Harry paused for a moment and he realized what he just said. That was all classified information he was not supposed to share. Why would he say that out loud? Then it clicked in his mind. "Malfoy, did you drug me?"

"I casted an anti-pain charm on you so when I mended your arm so it wouldn't hurt as bad. Sometimes it can cause people to kinda 'let loose.' " Replied Draco.

Harry put his hands on his face, "This is just great."

Across the room Theo blurted out his genius idea, "We'll go with you on your little search, Harry. I need to get my mind off things, this can be good for me."

"I can't ask you to do that." Said Harry solemnly, even though he was desperate for volunteers.

"No, really I want too. Draco will come too, so we would have all three." Reasoned Theo.

"I will?" Asked Draco.

"Yes, you will." Stated Theo.

"Why would I want to do that?" 

"Because, if this whole thing isn't really a rumor and this 'magical object' gets into the wrong hands everything around you will fall apart. You'll have to live knowing that you could've changed all of that if only you went on a little adventure with Harry and me." Explained Theo.

"That's a very convincing argument," He admitted. All his life he has been too scared to take risks. To step out and do something for someone for other than himself. He wanted to change that. "I guess I will."

Author's Note:

Hey, y'all it's good to be back. I have had quite an amazing summer so far, and it's been pretty busy. The updating for this story might be a little slow, but I'm not totally sure yet. Thanks for sticking with this story for so long!

- MC