Chapter 7

"Rukia, what happened to your face?" Rukia walked into the classroom with a line of red on her face. Apparently, Senna was wearing a ring. 

"Where did you get that mark?"

"I don't know," Rukia said.

Hearing this respond, Ichigo was kind of annoyed. "You don't know?" Without thinking he reached out his hand as he touched Rukia's face. "You're so clumsy I swear, " Still holding her face, he traced the small wound with his finger. "Next time, I should wrap you in bubble wrap so your dumb self won't--" Ichigo stopped his trail of words when he realized what he was doing. He was looking at Rukia's blank gaze that seemed to pierce him. Were her eyes always this pretty? Almost instantly he removed his hand from Rukia's soft skin.

"Ok, get to your seats. Class is starting," said the teacher. Ichigo walked back to his seat.

"Oh, Ichigo, what happened? Your face is beet red!" Keigo said as the orange head walked passed him to his seat.

"No it's not, shut up dumbass!" He couldn't help to feel defensive. More importantly, he thought to himself, was his face red? He didn't even notice.

________________

"Hey Senna, What did you talk about with Rukia today?" Ichigo asked. They were walking home together from school. Ichigo couldn't help to see his girlfriend flinch when he asked her that question. 

"Just girl things," she laughed, "Why are you asking?" Senna was afraid that Rukia told him what had happened. She still couldn't believe she slapped her.

"Hmm, I don't know. After lunch, she was a bit tense and sad," he said. 

"Oh really?" Senna responded. She hated how they were talking about her. It's always about Rukia. "How was your day?" Senna said, trying to change the subject.

"It was fine. Shit, she finally talked to me today and then something else happens. I really wonder what's wrong with her." Ichigo said with a scowl on his face.

"It should be fine, Rukia's a big girl, she can handle herself."

"Yeah, I know she can handle herself but she's so stupid sometimes. Stupid midget always making me worry about her." Suddenly Senna stopped walking. As Ichigo noticed he too stopped and turn around. "What's wrong Senna?" He asked. She was staring at the concrete floor. 

"Why do you always talk about her?"

"I wouldn't say I always talk about her, she's just dumb." He responded.

"Stop, do you even care about me? I'm your girlfriend but you're always talking and worrying about her!" she cried.

"What are you talking about?" Ichigo walked towards Senna and hugged her. Now she was crying to his chest.

"I'm sorry, I'll stop talking about her. Just don't cry gez." 

"Ichigo!" While the couple embraced. Chad was catching up to them. "Rukia's missing" He shouted. Ichigo released Senna immediately and listened to his friend.

"What? What do you mean? Where did she go?"

"Last I saw her, a bunch of girls took her. I don't think this is good."

"Damn it! That stupid midget!" Ichigo ran back to school and began searching for her. 

~~With Rukia~~

"Seriously, What's with you?"

"Stop hanging out with Ichigo, you know he has a girlfriend!"

"You're such a dumb fox," said another girl. Currently, three girls were ganging up on Rukia. They took her to the bathroom and although Rukia was more than capable of making these girls sleep, she figured it'd be best to resolve this without fighting.

"Are you guys Senna's friend?"

"No, we're just tired of seeing you try to take someone else's man!" A girl shouted.

"We heard the conversation you had with Senna, don't think you can get away with this!"

"Haha, girls calm down. I have no interest in that carrot top." Rukia explained.

"Then why couldn't you say that to Senna earlier before." Damn, how much did they hear, thought Rukia.

"This is a misunderstanding," Rukia was trying really hard to just smile and hope that they would just let her go home. She thought that things like this only happened in story books.

"She's pissing me off." Suddenly, one of the girls grabbed Rukia's hair and pulled it. Rukia didn't back down though. Instead, her face became sterner and scarier. 

"uhh..Who do you think you are! Glaring at us like that!" The girl who was grabbing Rukia's hair raised her arm and as she was about to slap her, something stopped it.

"Huh?" as the girl turned around, she saw an orange haired demon with a face of a monster.

"I can hit girls you know," Ichigo was beyond pissed. The girls screamed and ran away. 

"Wow, what a face," Rukia said nonchalantly.

"What the hell Rukia!"

"What?"

"Why did you just stand there like an idiot, you're strong enough to beat them to sleep!"

"So violent," she sighed, "It's fine. Let's just go home."

Annoyed, Ichigo finally said "fine." Rukia smiled.

"What's so funny midget."

"Nothing dumbass."