Kaien who?

Ichigo and Rukia had known each other for a while now. In fact, mostly everyone in their school knows how close they are to each other.

"Oi, that's scary.." Ichigo was hovering over Rukia as she was doodling on her notebook. As one can guess, images of what seem to be bunnies was being drawn.

"Hey!"Before he knew it, a giant bump appeared on his head.

"Idiot! You don't know art!" Rukia said as she sat back down to continue drawing.

"Come on, class ended already! Let's go home!" Ichigo said restlessly. Being so that they were both shinigami, Rukia was currently living in her best friend's run down closet. She sighed as she closed her book.

"Fine, let's go." As they started walking home, Ichigo and Rukia saw Senna leaving as well.

"Hey Senna!" Rukia said waving. "Why are leaving so early??"

"Oh, my club ended early."

"Why didn't you text me?" Ichigo asked. Senna just smiled. Ichigo put his hand on her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. It was only naturally for him to do that as they are dating. It has been one month since they started to date. When Ichigo first met Senna, he was instantly attracted to her. There was something about her that made him want to protect her.
[Beep Beep Beep] It was a hollow. Ichigo looked at Rukia. To the side, they began to talk, "You and Senna go on," She said. "I can handle this hollow."
"You sure?" Ichigo asked. To be honest, he didn't want to leave Senna alone. Recently, because of hollow and school, he barely has the chance to see her.

"Ok, good luck Rukia." Rukia nodded as she went her way to find the hollow.

Rukia was facing a rather short hollow, by using kiddo, she was easily able to slay the hollow. "Ok, time to go home," she said. As she made her way home, she noticed that Ichigo was still out. She figured that he may have taken this chance to hang out with his girlfriend. In some sort of way, Rukia was jealous of Senna, she knows that she doesn't like Ichigo romantically, rather, she was jealous on how he was so nice and sweet with her. The way he treated her like a flower, while with Rukia, he was a rude bastard. "Well, it just as to be expected," she laugh to herself.
[beep beep beep] Another one? Rukia thought to herself. She noticed how this hollow was much stronger than the last one. She quickly changed into her death god self and went after it.

Back with Ichigo and Senna, they were getting ice cream at a nearby shop. "Eat slower, you're gonna get fat," he said to her. So much for gentle. "Shut it, ice cream helps me deal with stress."
"What stress?" He laugh. Little did he know, Senna was getting bothered on how her boyfriend and Rukia was always together. At first, she tried to just accept that fact that they were best friends and deal with it but sometimes, she felt as if Ichigo cared about Rukia more than she cared about her.
"What's wrong?" he asked concerned.

"Do you....always have to be with Rukia?" She asked. That question shocked Ichigo. He never thought that that would bother her.

"Haha...Nevermind I don't know what I'm saying," she said right after that question slipped from her mouth. Ichigo noticed how bother and troubled his girlfriend looked and began to feel bad. If Senna had a close guy friend whom she always hang out with, he would be bother too. Would he? He thought.

"Don't worry Senna, treat Rukia like a guy. I don't see her that way. At all." He said reassuring her. At least that made her feel better.

Rukia was currently battling a hollow. Damn it, she thought, this thing is strong. "Sodi no mai," she chanted. Suddenly her zanpaktou turned into a beautiful white sword. With that out, that hollow was as good as dead.
"Ho ho," said a voice. Rukia quickly turned around to see who that was. Her eyes widen to see Kaien.

"Kaien...dono?" She question, not trusting her eyes. How...?

"You're good, Rukia. So much stronger than I last saw you." They then began to talk. Rukia quickly found out that Kaien never died that day. Instead, he was in his sleeping state inside of the hollow. He also continued to say that when that hollow was killed, for some reason he was freed and alive. Rukia was happy to see that his beloved mentor was alive.

"Rukia?" Ichigo said. Ichigo and Senna just left the ice cream shop. "Who is this?"

Writer's note: Please comment and tell me what you think! Constructive criticism are always allow. And sorry for the grammatical errors if you find some, I don't proofread. 🌻