6 - Ryan 'O' Donnels

Start from the beginning

I woke up in the middle of the night as I felt the gentle stroke of a hand against my cheek. Instinctively, I sprang out of bed, flicking on the table lamp in a frenzy, desperately searching for any sign of an intruder. However, the room stood silent and deserted, occupied solely by the inanimate furniture and myself. Doubts crept into my mind. Could this be a simple figment of my imagination? Yet the warmth that lingered on my cheek, contrasting with the chilly atmosphere, assured me that it was undeniably real. Whatever this hallucination is, it's giving me peculiar feelings, feelings that I can't exactly communicate. Sparks, tingles, or, I don't know...

After meticulously ensuring every door and window of my room were securely locked, I eagerly retreated to the comforting presence of my best friend: Sleep. With a tranquil assurance enveloping me, I welcomed the gentle embrace of duvet and pillows, savoring the solace that awaited me in the world of dreams.

Wake up, someone's knocking...

Wake up, Atty...

Wake up...

Stupid inner voice. With frustration fueling my actions, I propelled myself out of the sanctuary of my bed and unceremoniously flung open the door.

"Why the hell are you hammering on my door at this time?"

I had my eyes squinted as the luminosity emitted by the elegantly suspended LED chandelier in the corridor impeded my ability to discern the person who awaited me on the opposite side. Whoever it was, he continued to stand in the same position, not even slightly offended by my unpleasant outburst.

"Hello? I asked you a question. Are you dumb?"

Despite my repeated attempts to elicit a response, the lack of reaction from the individual made me question whether they actually possessed the ability to hear. In an attempt to regain my view, I diverted my gaze momentarily towards the floor, blinking my eyes to adjust to the unfamiliar illumination. As my vision gradually cleared, I found my attention drawn to their attire, beginning with the immaculate shine of their polished leather shoes, followed by their stylishly loose-fitting beige denim and a sleek black round-neck t-shirt that accentuated their well-toned physique. Yet it was the piercing jet-black eyes that ultimately captured my focus; they fixed on me with unwavering intensity.

I wonder whether a witch has also cast a spell on him. That ought to explain why he had a frown on his face at all times.

"Why are you looking at me like that, again?"

I asked, attempting to hide my feeling of unease at his presence. He analyzed me briefly, trailed by his smooth voice.

"Because I can see you're drooling at me. Again."

I stayed there like a child who had been caught misbehaving.

"What do you want?"

With embarrassment in my voice, I asked, and he grinned. I repeat, folks, he grinned. This proved that he was not exactly cursed, or else I am able to witness his original personality as well. I favor the first scenario.

"I am here to take you."

"Yeah right. I'm here considering you guys already took me." I said. I used a tone of "duh," which displeased him, as his grin transformed into his signature scowl. He doesn't realize how skilled I am at irritating people.

"I am here to take you to meet my family."

He sounds bored, especially with me. Oh no, not so fast.

"Why do I need to meet your family? Do you offer this leniency for all of your victims?"

As soon as the words escaped my lips, my heart pounded furiously in my chest, anticipating his reaction. Without the slightest hesitation, he took purposeful strides, closing in on me with an intimidating confidence. Though I desperately attempted to retreat, my feet seemed glued to the ground, rendering me immobile and vulnerable. Panic surged through my veins as my mind screamed, 'MISSION ABORT! MISSION ABORT!', a cacophony of fear and regret echoing within, realizing the magnitude of the situation at hand. But unfortunately, my legs appear to be tied, tied by his gaze.