EPILOGUE

Daniel has been in the hospital for two days now. He's already on all kinds of pills, the most common type being anti-depressants. They're working for the most part.

Daniel's memory isn't getting any better, though. The therapy isn't working. Doctor Fritz is talking about giving up on trying to scavenge the memories of the last few months - he says Daniel is blessed to only have lost that much. His organs are still damaged; he's on a diet, and staying in the hospital until they heal.

He was also offered the chance to start taking testosterone pills yesterday, when doctor Fritz found out about his preferences. He starts next Wednesday.

Now, Daniel sits quietly on the chair in his hospital room, beside his bed. It's midnight, and he can't sleep. There's a newspaper in his hand as he quietly reads through the articles.

One article in particular catches his eye. When Daniel reads it, his eyebrows widen.

Boy found dead
A teenage boy from Columbus, Ohio hung himself to death early yesterday morning. He was found with bruises across his body. The boy's father was found guilty when police questioned him and family members (wife, son and two daughters), and charged with several notes of child abuse and indirect first degree murder.

The boy's name has not yet been officially released to public, but his father's name was released today as Christopher Smith.

There's a picture, too, underneath the article. It's a picture of the boy, Daniel is guessing. It looks like a school photo. For a second he thinks he might look familiar, but he decides it's just a coincidence.

Daniel gently places the article down on the chair and stands. He walks over to his bed, climbs in, and closes his eyes.

When he dreams, he dreams of the boy from the photo. The boy with the dark blue hair and the caramel/chocolate eyes.

Alex Smith.

His eyes open.