38 | Making friends with an old enemy

*Edited*

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever waisted." - Aesop 

E L L A

Today is Anthony's first day at work. He has been at home ever since we got Isaac back which was four months ago. I'm actually very nervous because today is also going to be my first day alone with Isaac. Of course Anthony was out with his friends and stuff like that but I've never been alone with Isaac for several hours or almost an entire day. But I'll me able to handle him on my own. It's not like Isaac is a troublemaker. At least not yet. He still sleeps most of the time.

I made Anthony pancakes because I know for sure that he wouldn't make himself something for breakfast and he has to eat something. I know I sound like a typical mother but hey I am a mother so what can I say.

"Good Morning Anthony I made you pancakes" I said smiling when Anthony came into the kitchen already wearing his suit.

-"You didn't have to do that" he sighed and sat down at the table.

"But I wanted to" I said and placed the plate in front of him. I was about to sit down to eat breakfast with Anthony when I heard little whimpers. I went straight into Isaacs room.

"Good Morning sunshine. Do you want mummy to change your diaper?" I asked in my baby voice grinning from ear to ear when I saw his little face. Why does he has to be so cute? He's going to steal every girl's heart when he's older that's for sure. Just like his father. 

After I changed his diaper I went downstairs with Isaac in my arm. Anthony was still enjoying his pancakes when I walked back into the kitchen. I sat down next to Anthony and placed Isaac on my lap.

-"Can I feed him?" Anthony asked but I shook my head and pointed at the clock on the wall.

"You have to be at work in 15 Minutes" I said and his eyes widened.

-"Fuck I have to prepare an important meeting" he said and I slapped him.

"Anthony no swearing in front of the baby" I said and he mumbled a little 'sorry' while rubbing the place where I hit him. He gave Isaac a kiss on the forehead then he turned to me. Oh god no he can't kiss me. 

-"Goodbye" he simply said and turned around to leave. Why was I disappointed that he didn't kiss me? Things should stay normal between the both of us. The morning after we slept together I woke up first and left the room. I think he doesn't even know what happened because we never talked about it. But on the other side Anthony was completely sober again when we had sex. There's no way that he didn't remember what happened. Luckily there's not awkward tension between the both of us. It's best if Anthony and I remains friends. Our relationship wouldn't work and for Isaac's sake we have to get along quite well. But isn't it worth a try at least? 

After I was done with feeding Isaac I've noticed that Anthony forgot his laptop on the dining table. I groaned in annoyance. Since I used to be his PA I know that all his important data are on his Laptop. Perfect now I have to drive to the company to give him his laptop since he needs it for his meeting. I sweat what would he do without me?

I placed Isaac in his car seat and placed the laptop on the passenger seat. I actually was hoping to never see the company from the inside ever again. There are too many memories. I've met Landon and Evelyn there. But yet this company has a special place in my heart because if I have never applied for a job I wouldn't be driving this car with my son in the back. It's crazy how one little thing can change your life and the way you see it so drastically. I never expected to have a child so early in my life. I was now 23 years old. I thought I would get married first and then have children later on because I wanted to built myself a career first. Guess that didn't go after plan but I didn't mind. I was happy with the way my life turned out. I wouldn't want to change it for anything.