"True."

His tone couldn't have been more serious and... far. I bit my inferior lip.
I can't give up.

"Do you think we're approaching the Decepticons?" I ask.

This must work. Decepticons are his favourite topic.

"Probably, they should not be too far."

Wooh. I succeeded in making him put together more than one word.

"Good" is my answer.

Now just as far as his.
I bit my inferior lip harder.
He is hurting me.

The sun is still above the horizon when he decides to stop. It's earlier than the usual. The sky is beautifully red. Everything would have been wonderful if only...

"Follow me" he orders coldly as soon as I'm out and he is standing on this feet.

I sigh. The pain is such a sofference... My mind formulates a thought only: why?

And I follow him, embracing myself to protect my nude arms from the cool evening breeze. My hair dance with it. We leave the street into the woods, which reflect the colour of my eyes, until we reach what looks like a cave at the foot of a hill. I raise my eyebrows in a questioning look and the answer comes almost immediately.

"We'll spend the night here. It's safer."

I don't answer back. I'm too busy biting my inferior lip to ease my interior pain which is growing unstandable. It's hard to feel rejected by those you love.

We enter the cave. It's not warm but at least it protects me from the wind. I make a little fire after gathering some branches. Now the crackling of the flames seems to be the only sound to make me company and to keep me warm.

My eyes are constantly fixed on Optimus. He is now sitting, busy observing nothing. It seems he's trying his best to avoid me, even with his gaze. I'm about to explode.

"What's wrong?" I ask suddenly aloud, kinda determined this time.

He doesn't move.

"It's alright" he shakes his head imperceptibly.

"No, it's not" I stand up.  "Don't lie to me, Optimus!"

He stands up too but turns his back to me and moves few steps away, contemplating the ground.

He doesn't say anything. I am on the verge of tears. This is too much.

"You have been ignoring a-and avoiding me for the entire day!" I say even louder but my voice trembles while I feel my eyes tingle. "You now tell me what's wrong, Optimus Prime!"

Nothing happens. My heart is about to leave my chest. Well, the first tear actually leaves my left eye.

"STOP IGNORING M-"

"I AM-" he turns to face me suddenly cutting me off but seems unable to continue.

I must keep myself from taking a step backwards. His eyes are still full of what I saw yesterday night. I swallow. Go on, my mind says.

"I am... afraid."

I stand astonished. What?!

"You think I'm not?!"

"You don't understand!"

"That doesn't excuse your behaviour!"

I sob and pass a hand on my eyes.

"Please don't cry" his voice becomes soft and low all of a sudden, taking me by surprise.

Did he just beg me not to cry?

"Otherwise what? You don't even care, do you?" my voice raises while more tears fall.

"The problem is that I do care" he suddenly says all at once, putting all his efforts to keep a flat tone.

I paralyse. He turns his back to me again and passes a hand on his eyes.

"You d-did something to me" I hear his voice being insecure for the first time.

I swallow, while processing his words. My heartbeat accelerates.

"Then why have you been avoiding me?" I ask very seriously yet sweetly.

"Because I must..."

"What does that mean?!"

"It's..."

"Don't lie" I whisper.

He turns around at my words and his optics flash.

"I'm not lying! Decepticons are the most dreadful and heartless creatures in the universre and if they found out that I have a thing for you they'd do anything to torture you just to defeat me!" he yells all the words quickly but I catch them all. "I-I can't let it happen."

I lose my words. My mouth is open and my eyes wide.

"You have a... thing for m-me?" I stutter a little bit.

After a long time, I meet his broken and defeated blue optics. They are full of a mixture of feelings. I wasn't even sure that could be actually possible.

"You should have not known this. I know it's wrong, I'm sorry."

"Wrong?" I ask surprised.

He looks at me again.

"You're an Earthling, I'm a Cybertronian. We belong to different realities. Therefore it's wrong."

I shake my head slightly.

"No" I approach him slowly while our eyes are interlocked. "Being a Transformer, being a human, it has no importance. We may also belong to different species but all I know is that we're just individuals striving for happiness and for keeping our dear ones safe. A certain Prime told me this, once."

His optics shine brighter.
A small smile forms on his lips.