"That's too bad," Olivia says, not trying to cover her boredom.

"Anyway, I was hoping I could talk to you alone, Theresa?" He says with a wink. Gross. I sigh, knowing exactly what's coming.

"Anything you want to say to me you can say to Olivia too," I say stubbornly, refusing to let him put me through the awkward conversation ahead alone. Andrew lets out a breath.

"Theresa, you know how I feel about you. Please, let me take you out, maybe you have feelings for me that you just haven't realized yet," Andrew pleads.

"I'm sorry Andrew, I just don't feel for you that way. You're a great friend, we've known each other for forever and I know I can trust you, but I could never like you that way. I'm sorry," I say for about the millionth time since freshman year. Andrew's expression immediately turns cold.

"God Theresa, can't you just give me a chance?"

"I have before Andrew. I'm sorry, the feeling is just not mutual." Andrew scoffs before storming off. But I know he'll be back, even though I wish he wouldn't. I let out a low groan.

"He's such a jerk. Can't he just take a hint? This has been going on for years and he just won't get it through his thick skull that you don't like him," Olivia begins as we continue walking towards her locker. "You should just stop talking to him all together, push him out of your life to show him what happens when he doesn't even consider the reality of the situation."

"You know I can't do that, even if I should. He's still my friend, and when he's not hitting on me we get along really well. Life would feel weird without Andrew in it, even if he's completely obnoxious," I argue as we approach Olivia's locker.

"You've gotta stop letting him step all over you though. Sure, you denied a date with him, but we need to get him to understand that you don't like him," Olivia says as she spins the lock on her locker.

"I'm sure he'll figure it out soon enough," I sigh.

"It's been three years!" Olivia says, violently opening her locker, causing the top corner to jam into the back of whoever is standing next to us's head.

"What the hell?" A masculine voice exclaims. My mouth opens slightly in shock and Olivia's face pales. She quickly shuts her locker door back up and we both turn to see two of our school's star football players towering over us, the one nearest to us rubbing the back of his head with murder in his eyes.

Noah Thompson. Not only the school's most popular jock, but also the most intimidating guy in the senior class, not to mention being a player. Dark hair, bright blue eyes, over six feet, and muscular, staring down at my best friend like she just killed his dog. Next to him, Cameron Stevenson, Noah's right-hand man and partner in crime. He stands almost as tall as Noah, his hair slightly lighter and eyes medium brown, a similarly muscular frame. Unlike Noah, his expression screams here we go again. Noah is known for having a bit of a temper, and Cameron is the only one brave enough to step in front of him when he is about to start a fight.

"I'm sorry, it was an accident-" Olivia starts before I cut her off.

"It was my fault, I pushed her and she bumped into her locker door, we didn't even see you there," I say while my head screams what on earth are you thinking? However, Noah's glare turns from Olivia to myself, taking the attention off of her. She widens her eyes at me, shocked that I would lie so bluntly to the two towers of rage before us.

"You are so going to pay for that," he says before taking a threatening step forward, having to look down to meet my eyes.

"It was an accident, we said we were sorry. I don't need to pay for anything, and neither does Olivia." I surprise myself with how controlled and confident my voice sounds while on the inside I'm melting down. Did I forget to mention how attractive Noah is? Bright eyes accentuated by long, dark, enviable eyelashes, a perfectly shaped jaw-line, and clear skin make him candy for the eyes. The intimidating look he's giving me now just makes him hotter.

"Don't talk back to me," he says, taking yet another step towards me so that we are less than six inches apart and I can feel his harsh breath on my face.

"Okay, let's go now Noah," Cameron cuts in, pressing on his friend's shoulders to push him away from me as the warning bell rings. Olivia and I take this opportunity as our escape and turn down the hallway. Once we put a few feet of distance between us and them I risk a look behind me, immediately regretting it when I find Noah's gaze already trained on me, no anger having faded yet. I quickly turn back around and pick up my pace, feeling the same as I do when I turn off the lights upstairs and have to run to get into my bed before an imaginary monster comes out of the shadows.

"Oh no," I say as realization hits me. "Noah's in my calculus class. I'm gonna get murdered."

"Oh please, there will be too many witnesses for that. Just don't talk to him alone," Olivia says with a jokeful smile. "Thank's for saving me though, that would've been so embarrassing. It still was, but it would've been much worse if they had known it was all my fault."

"No problem, that's what friends are for: saving each other's butts," I say before turning into my classroom, Olivia calling out a goodbye over her shoulder as she continues the walk to her classroom.

What a great way to start the last semester of senior year.

~~~~~

Written 7/6/17, Published 8/27/17

I highly suggest you watch a YouTube video of the ballet Giselle before reading this story *wink wink, nudge nudge*! It is a two hour ballet so I understand if you don't want to watch the whole thing, so there will be an explanation of the plot of the ballet later in this story as well!

Just in case you were confused, there is a three-year time gap between the two parts of this chapter!

Yay, the first chapter is up! I've been working really hard on this story, from watching different versions of Giselle on YouTube to planning out every chapter, so I hope you will like it! All of my chapters in the future will be this long or longer; I like stories with long chapters so I hope to do that as well. Above is a wonderful picture of Dylan O'Brien (Noah), I will be including a picture of him in most of my chapters because Dylan is bae and I need everyone else to realize that too. I hope to be updating weekly - every Sunday - since I am pre-writing all of my chapters.

Thank you for reading! I'm so excited to finally get started with getting this story out there, sorry for how long it took!