The Kiss - Part 2

"You kissed him," Mary stated with a little jealousy.

John turned around and shouted:

"For the last time, I did not kiss him, he kissed me!"

"You let him do it," Mary continued, trying to keep her calm.

"Yes, I know, and that makes me a bloody idiot, I know," John sighed. Sherlock stared silently at John from the back of the room, only now and then glancing to view Mary's reaction.

"I know, I didn't want to be the guy who cheated on his wife," John continued, a little more appeased, "But I didn't want you to be the wife who shot my friend!"

"Your friend?" Mary inquired, lifting an eyebrow.

"Fine. Fine, I..." John's voice began to quaver.

Mary stared intently at him, as Sherlock raised his head up.

"I love him. I love Sherlock Holmes," John finally said it. Mary looked down at the floor, biting her lip.

"I'm sorry I lied when I first met you," John confessed, "I'm sorry that I said I didn't like anyone. I didn't lie, actually, I love him so much. But I could not discern that he had any feelings for me, for any bloody person in fact! Then he 'died' and I was left all alone! Imagine that! Having you one true love dead, with absolutely no one to turn to!" Sherlock then lowered his eyes to the ground, wishing that people would stop not noticing his feelings.

Mary slowly walked out of the room, eyeing Sherlock, who begun to birth tears in his eyes. She knew what he felt presently. When she got to the door, she turned around and said, to John:

"I'm going away. I'll come home often enough to keep the rumors down, and to remind Rosie who I am. Be a good boyfriend to Sherlock Holmes,"

Mary left the flat, not even bothering to close the door.

John sighed, closing his eyes, and leaned his head backwards, slightly annoyed. Sherlock approached him and started debating how to comfort his John. Should he hug him? Kiss him again? Let him be?

He put his arms around the desperate-looking John. John lifted his head and whispered, blushing slightly:

"N-not now, Sherlock..."

Despite John's request, Sherlock kept embracing him. He stroked John's soft hair, holding John's head close to his chest.

"Sherlock, now is probably not a good time..." John muttered again.

"Please? For me?" Sherlock pleaded.

Rocking back and forth in their deep hug, Sherlock's tears started to flow rapidly. John finally lifted his head out of Sherlock's chest to view Sherlock's face.

"Why are you crying?" John asked, stroking away Sherlock's tears with his right index.

"You... You finally said it," Sherlock cried, biting his bottom lip.

"Said... what?" John demanded hesitatingly.

"I love you,"

John pulled away in embarrassment, turned his blushing face.

"I'm glad you finally said it," Sherlock continued, gazing at John's hair. John turned around again and said in a decided tone:

"Now it's your turn to say it,"

Sherlock looked bewildered.

"Haven't I been saying it all the time, John?" He asked.

"Please, just say it. So it's fair. For me, please?" John grabbed Sherlock's hands and squeezed them lightly.

"Oh, John, you silly little goose, I love you," Sherlock whispered as the tears started streaming again. John grabbed Sherlock's face and attempted to bring him in for another kiss, leaning on his tippy toes. Unfortunately even likewise he was too short for Sherlock, and ended up falling onto Sherlock's chest, who began to laugh uncontrollably.

"Damn your height!" John muttered, muffled in Sherlock's arms.

End of "The Kiss". Hope you liked it!