Chapter Ten-Part Three

Start from the beginning

   "Uh....ne?"

   "Oh, that's good then!" The old man chuckled. Soon after that, he noticed her awkward behaviour. "Mianhamnida. Did I make you uncomfortable?"

   "Oh, aniyo! Jal jinaeyo! It's just....I didn't expect myself to see you right now!" She quickly pressed her left fingers against her lips. "A..ani, I mean, I...uh...I–"

   Her nervousness only serve to make the father chuckle even more. To him, it was quite funny to see her cute face. He had to admit, she's pretty. Not only that, she's so honest. "Don't be nervous! I'm not going to eat you. All I want is just to see the person who has hooked my son's heart." He smiled widely. "I must say, you are too pretty to be a doctor. How old are you, if I may ask?"

   Yoon Mi scolded herself internally to cool down. "I'm twenty-six." She answered with a slight blush. Although the term 'hooked' sounded a little bit unusual compared to the word 'attracted', she actually liked it. In an instant, her naughty mind began its play, but she immediately suppressed it before it went out of hand. Plus, his father complimented about her beauty! Who wouldn't like to be called a beauty. Still, this was his father she's dealing with, and there's probably something he needed from her, which was why he came to her in the most unexpected of moments. She had the thread carefully if she wanted to give a good impression to him.

   "Uwah! So young! You must have a bright future ahead!" He praised, causing her cheeks to turn red even more.

   "Ka..kamsahamnida." She bowed her head slightly. "D..dare I ask, why do you....want to see me? Did something happen to Yeung Joon? Shall I call him down right now?" Yoon Mi quickly took out her phone.

   Just as she was about to call Yeung Joon, his father stopped her. "Don't have to. I bet he's busy right now." He spoke with a sudden switch of tone–a depressed one. "And you're right, something had happened; not him, but me." He went silent for a while as he tried to put the words he wanted to say in his mind as Yoon Mi placed her mobile on the table, eyes staring straight at the face of a man whose smile had faded and replaced with a saddened expression. "You see, I'm retiring, and I need a perfect replacement for my company. There's no one else in the world I can trust other than my true son, Yeung Joon. So..." He arched forward slowly, his hands slowly encompassing her right hand, "...I really hope you can convince him to come back."

   Yoon Mi was surprised. He was pleading her to do something she was unfamiliar with. She knew she shouldn't get involved in Yeung Joon's family matters but...

   "Butakamnida. I'm old and I can't last long anymore. Can you do it for me? I know he will listen to you. Just tell me what you want, I'll grant it. Anything you want. If it's money that you want, I will give you. A car, a house; I can do that as well. All your expenses will be dealt with. Just help me–"

   "It's not that I want your riches, sir, but you're asking me to do a difficult task. I'm not sure if I can do it." She spoke with doubt.

   "If you can't , who will?"

   "I....." She suddenly paused, her mind went blank. Honestly, she had no idea how to reject that plea. There was nothing she could do, given that the situation was not in her favour. Besides, there were eyes watching them already, and she felt really uncomfortable. If this went on, for sure she would appear on every headlines in the newsreels tomorrow morning. She hated unwanted attention, but at the same time, she couldn't reject his plea. She was stuck between a cliff and the rocky bottom.