Chapter Two-Part One

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what's in front of him, but because he loves what's behind him."

(Don Lipinski)

   Yoo Si Jin approached her in a slow, calculated motion as she gasped upon seeing him

   Yoo Si Jin approached her in a slow, calculated motion as she gasped upon seeing him. Her handbag fell to the floor.

   "Yoo Si Jin-sshi?" She called out in a surprised mixed with worried apprehension. She did not expect him to appear in front of her house all of the sudden.

   Watching her shocked expression somehow made him chuckle. He didn't know why, but he found it rather comical. With a smile on his face, he said, "Gwaenchanayo, Kang-sonsaeng? Surprised to see me?"

   In an instant, she rushed towards him, and before he knew it, she crashed onto him in a tight embrace. "Yoo Si Jin-sshi, you're back!" She squeezed onto him, as if her life depended on it.

   Si Jin felt extremely happy to receive such a hug, but the embrace, however lovingly it might be, began to make him suffocate. She squeezed him so tight as if he was a bolster.

   "Ah...ah...ah..Kang..Mo Yeon! You...are.....suffocating me!" He spoke between coughs.

   Mo Yeon immediately realised what she was doing to him and quickly pulled back. As soon as she did that, Si Jin felt like his body had been inflated back to normal after a sudden compression. "Oh, mianhae! Gwaenchanayo, Yoo Si Jin-sshi? Did I hurt you?" She asked with a concerned tone.

   Si Jin took a moment to catch a breath. Then, forking out a smile, he said, "Ani, you didn't, Mo Yeon-ah." He said in a tendered voice. A sudden cold breeze brushed his cheeks. "Come on, let's get inside. It's freezing out here." He shivered slightly.

   Mo Yeon chuckled at his shivering . "Who asked you to wait outside my palace when you already have my keys? Pabo!" She jibed. "Hold on, let me get my bag."

   She backtracked to grab her bag, and as soon as she done that, she immediately rejoined Si Jin as they entered her house together with their hands held tight.

   When they entered her house, Si Jin noticed that nothing had changed in her house since two weeks ago. Her house, as always, was clean and proper. Nothing was out of place, except for two new magazines that laid motionlessly on the mini glass table on front of her sofa. At the corner of her sofa laid Neukkun, the wolf plush toy clad in military gear.

   "Take a seat. I'll get you some water." Mo Yeon said as she went to the kitchen, her bag placed on a chair beside the kitchen table. Si Jin obediently followed.

   Si Jin sat at her sofa, and childishly played with the toy's hand. "How's my little Big Boss doing? Did you take care of my beautiful girlfriend when I'm away?" He spoke to it as if it was alive.