<Night 9 ~ City lights>

Mari's P.O.V

I sighed as I hung up on my manager who forgot to tell me, again, that I'm double booked, again, and it was literally six hours away. I sometimes wonder how they made it as a manager in the first place. Their excuse was, "I wait until last minute so you can't run away." Me? Run away? Never(!)

Note my sarcasm.

I run away because I like to be in control of my bookings, I don't accept bookings from morons, but my manager accepts all. I'd just got back from my booking two days ago, the person there was an absolute pinhead. I'm popular enough to pick my booking, but no! My manager just accepts them all for me.

I channelled my anger into the English paper in front of me, breezing through it all with ease. As I handed my paper in; it seemed the class had gotten used to me finishing quickly. As the teacher looked up to tell me I had full marks, I held up my note from the headmaster to excuse me from lesson for my job.

The teacher nodded and let me go, "Good luck!"

"Thanks.." I mumbled back, collecting my things and heading back to the dorms. Normally, my bag for performing would already be packed, but because I only got back two days ago, I had no time to pack it again. Grumbling in irritation, I emptied my bag out (mostly gum and sweet wrappers falling out), and packed it again with iced tea, a bag of sweets, an extra navy blue tee and extra socks, my makeup, laptop and launchpad and other things I needed. I threw on a regular pair of black ripped skinny jeans, a random tee, a hoodie, sunglasses and a baseball cap. I wore my usual headphones around my neck and went to the headmaster's office.

"Oh Mari dear~! So nice to see you again!" He cheered, trying to hug me. I stepped out the way, also pulling Yuki away so she didn't get caught in his grasp. I noticed Zero wasn't here, he must still be salty from earlier.

"Hello Mari!" Yuki grinned up at me. I smiled back, replying with a feeble "hello", but it was enough for Yuki. She's so sweet, one of the only people I can tolerate.

"I have another concert tonight, double booked." I explained bluntly to Cross. He sighed shaking his head.

"You know your education is important too?"

"I know. I'm top of the class, I hardly think I need to attend lessons. I only attend because she said so." I said coldly, Cross frowning at her mention. "Anyway, I thought I'd just let you know." I shrugged, stuffing my hands in my pockets as I spun on my heel to leave.

"Don't overwork yourself Mari!" He sung as I left, catching wind of Yuki's question before the door shut.

"Where's Mari going?"

"She has a job in the city she has to go to."

I felt the stares on me as I walked through the school gates. Only to bump into Zero Kiryu.

"Where are you going?" He demanded.

"Town. I have a job to get to." I explained plainly, trying to get past him, only to be blocked by him again. "Like- pronto. Or my manager will kill me." Just as I said that, my phone rung again in my back pocket. I groaned at the caller ID.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" Even Zero winced at how loud my manager was shouting.

"Leaving now..."

"Hurry, hurry! I can already see the queue from here! And you need your makeup and outfit!" They shrilled. Zero raised a brow.

"Sorry. There's a lanky beanstalk in my way." I hissed, tick marks appearing on Zero's head as he went to punch me, although I dodged. This continued as the manager continued to panic rant, a bad habit they do when they're stressed. "I'll be there in two ticks." I cut the manager off, ducking under Zero's arm as I speed-walked away quickly.

"Oi!" I smirked as I legged it down the road to my taxi awaiting. "Did you eat?!" I heard him yell.

"Yes I did mother!" I replied back, hopping into the car and shutting the door, not before hearing him yell,

"Don't call me mother!"

I stifled a laugh as the driver began to journey to the venue. I slid on my headphones, tapping my fingers to the beat. I've done this a thousand times, but I still get nervous.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and repeating Kaizoku-Hime's mantra in my head.

"Good luck Mari-" The driver stopped himself, smiling at my alternate persona, "I mean Kaizoku-Hime-Sama."

I nodded in thanks before stepped out the limo, thanking myself for bringing sunglasses and headphones to block out the screaming and flashing lights.

"Kaizoku-Hime!"